Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? This is not a blenny, but if it’s big enough you could get a FoxFace. They don’t mind fresh or old algae as long as the old algae isn’t a few weeks.
40 breeder. So a little small for one of those also
Any blenny as long as it’s reef safe should not be actually hurting the corals if perched on them. Same as others like Hawkfish. Sure they may distrub the coral and sometimes irritate. Another example is a Tang. Sometimes unwanted algae grows on and/or around the coral. And the Tang will peck at it trying to get the algae. Sometimes it will end up nipping at a certain coral part just enough to get the harder to reach algae spot, but that is nipping, not eating or destroying it. Should the Blenny whilst trying to get the algae on/near the Zoas ends up damaging the coral, something yiu can do is move the coral to a higher flow area. Algae shouldn’t grow on coral unless it’s in low flow or the algae is taking hold of a weak coral IME.
So I keep these frags in moderate to high flow which is why it's not worse. That's what my old lawn mower used to do when it would eat. It would accidentally nip the coral and tick it off for a day. Minor setback but not preferred in a production tank

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Renaissance corals

Renaissance corals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing you could do is get a couple of BTU’s. They love most types of algae! (Except for my cyano carpeted rock which they won’t touch :rolleyes:)
I've considered those but way my frag tank is set up. It probably wouldn't be very happy

Petcrazyson

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can't risk them going after my zoas I've heard that they have a tendency to eat them on occasion
Yea Emeralds can go rogue sometimes. And it won’t be just Zoas

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Renaissance corals

Renaissance corals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could see them 5k worth pls? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I do have a thread from earlier this month on some zoas that I was trying to get an ID on. They no longer look like They did in that thread. Still working on a name for them. But if you want a sneak peek that's where to get it

Petcrazyson

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a thread from earlier this month on some zoas that I was trying to get an ID on. They no longer look like They did in that thread. Still working on a name for them. But if you want a sneak peek that's where to get it
Ig I got to do some digging then ;)

Petcrazyson

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope ☺️ but I can tell you that it's mostly zoas and a few LPS. Can't show because a few of the zoa types I have in there I'm not ready to release to the world yet
That rare huh? Well then if you ship I can be a loyal customer :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Renaissance corals

Renaissance corals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That rare huh? Well then if you ship I can be a loyal customer :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I can. They still aren't quite ready. I have a single polyp frag that came off while i was cleaning it up after getting it. It was in really bad shape with lots of pests. Honestly i think they came from the wild.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA
Back