Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t want live rock in display plan to install very large sump and put all the live rock in sump
No no I want live rock what will happen if I go to petco tomorrow and put some in or do I have to cycle it?

AquaCave Logo Banner

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the shark is more at risk of dying in an electrical fire at this point...
Youre Funny Season 5 GIF by The Office

Hwd Edcadmin GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

Let's keep it there.

CLICK TO VIEW

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No no I want live rock what will happen if I go to petco tomorrow and put some in or do I have to cycle it?
Do not need to cycle live rock from store long as it has only been out of the water for a short time maybe couple hours max

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe check your local reef club to see if anyone selling live rock for cheap cause you gunna need a lot and is costly at any retail store

Righteous

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually don’t post in these threads, but I think someone should be positive but also realistic.

@Jordan1050064 You really should bring the shark in to a local fish store that’s able to care for it as soon as possible. Its okay you jumped in the deep end, but at this point it’s obvious the shark won’t survive in your tank. The right thing to do is take this as a learning experience.

For example, you mentioned that you had to switch your filter because your friend needed his back. An experienced aquarium keeper would know that switching out your only biological filtration means there’s no more bacteria to process your ammonia.

Hopefully everyone here remains positive and gives you the proper advice to return the shark and learn more to start over. Asking questions is the perfect first step, and we all make mistakes.

if you really want a shark, after returning this one read lots of posts on this forum first and ask more questions, then you’ll know how to get setup for success before bring another shark home.

Good luck!! I’m rooting for you and the shark, but please do what’s right for him!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like a day now I guess
Ok so I think it's safe to say that you removed A lot of your biological filtration as you've just replaced the sand and the entire filter canister. Your tank is re-cycling.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Reefing_addiction

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing_addiction

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I use well water that already keeps the cloroine and other stuff out
I’ve never heard well water keeping the stuff you don’t want out. I’ve always heard well water is the worst especially very high tds

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well water actually isn't bad in many places. I used it with success for many years, for me po4 was a bit high, but generally was far safer than using city water.
Depends entirely from place to place however.

OP
OP
J

Jordan1050064

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually don’t post in these threads, but I think someone should be positive but also realistic.

@Jordan1050064 You really should bring the shark in to a local fish store that’s able to care for it as soon as possible. Its okay you jumped in the deep end, but at this point it’s obvious the shark won’t survive in your tank. The right thing to do is take this as a learning experience.

For example, you mentioned that you had to switch your filter because your friend needed his back. An experienced aquarium keeper would know that switching out your only biological filtration means there’s no more bacteria to process your ammonia.

Hopefully everyone here remains positive and gives you the proper advice to return the shark and learn more to start over. Asking questions is the perfect first step, and we all make mistakes.

if you really want a shark, after returning this one read lots of posts on this forum first and ask more questions, then you’ll know how to get setup for success before bring another shark home.

Good luck!! I’m rooting for you and the shark, but please do what’s right for him!
No like it’s the same my friend has it
You would need to pickup something like fritz Or microbacter7 something to add bacteria back to the tank.
OH NOOOOO sorry sorry I’m just stressed out the filter has been running with the tank for a good while Like since the day just my friend gave me his and like I didn’t like it as much so I went back to mine the filter is cycle and good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Buckeye
Back