Bacteria bloom

Fishy_mcfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So everything was going fine and then what seemed like almost out of nowhere I had a Dino outbreak. It wasn’t too bad though and I turned the tank lights off for a day and a half. Turn them back on and the water is cloudy! So now I’m guessing it’s a bacterial bloom. I do a 15 gal water change and the water is a lot clearer. I followed that with a 20 gal water change and the water is clear and back to normal. I turned the lights off early last night and turned them
Back on a few hours later than normal and my water is cloudy again!
Only changes made before all this stuff started happening was me adding a second pistol shrimp to the tank and it pairing up with my original. Since then they have gone to town moving a ton of sand all over one side of the tank! Could this have stirred up a bunch of nasty crap and triggered all of this?
Getting frustrated because I’ve already dealt with Dino’s before and got past that and here I am again going through that with a bacteria bloom to boot
Any advice on how to get through this and keep it from happening again?

System is 80 gallons with @ 20 gals in the sump

dannyV95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not get any pics unfortunately. Tank is back to clear today though
Hey there,

Currently facing a similar issue with the Dinos, lights off and then boom bacteria bloom...any tips? I can't keep up manually removing with how fast it grows and clogs skimmer and media.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back