Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How does the Blue Monster differ from Pengs Heart of the Ocean? I haven't seen it before.

Peng’s Blue Monster is a smooth skin deepwater stick. The HOTO could be some type of vibrant blue tort or tenuis coral. Not completely sure until I see it in person.;)

Nutramar Foods

justingraham

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peng’s Blue Monster is a smooth skin deepwater stick. The HOTO could be some type of vibrant blue tort or tenuis coral. Not completely sure until I see it in person.;)

Yep exactly what he said and to add on this (from what I have read and seen in pictures as I do not have the HOTO yet) the HOTO is blue like an Oregon tort vibrant blue where the Monster is blue with baby blue/white in it and a green aurora around it that u can’t capture in a photograph

Tim I thought u had the HOTO at one point

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, I shared my QT process on my build thread. Its located on page 17 if interested.

Did you ever list your quarantine procedure and qt tank in this? If so would you remember what page? I feel like you did but can't remember.

yachtman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished catching up on this thread. What attention to detail. I could list all the things that are 'attention' but it would take a year to type it!
I will say that anyone spending their hard earned dollars on a new reef tank, let alone a room full of grow out tanks, has to get something to keep the power on. (Generac or similar) We live in mid SE Florida and lost our three year old 250 reef tank after evacuating for hurricane Francis. We came back to an eight foot 'cloud' since the power was out for four days. We had damage to the roof, and the next hurricane, Jeanne, was only a week and half away. Both storms came right in the inlet and the eyes were right over the house (which I was actually happy about!) Contractors were in short supply, so it was either try to save the reef or fix the roof leaks myself. Other damage could wait.
It was the right call as only our hearts could fix the tank issues. It just wasn't possible.
Sorry to snag the thread for a second, but I just can't imagine building another reek tank without protection from blackouts, let alone more hurricanes, which we've had many of since then (2005).
Again, great work. I'll be following, along with many other great reefs going on. Hoping to see something in the tank soon.

View attachment 1076235

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome and thank you for the compliments, yachtman! Mother nature is unpredictable and it is always a good idea to have a backup plan for power outages.

I just finished catching up on this thread. What attention to detail. I could list all the things that are 'attention' but it would take a year to type it!
I will say that anyone spending their hard earned dollars on a new reef tank, let alone a room full of grow out tanks, has to get something to keep the power on. (Generac or similar) We live in mid SE Florida and lost our three year old 250 reef tank after evacuating for hurricane Francis. We came back to an eight foot 'cloud' since the power was out for four days. We had damage to the roof, and the next hurricane, Jeanne, was only a week and half away. Both storms came right in the inlet and the eyes were right over the house (which I was actually happy about!) Contractors were in short supply, so it was either try to save the reef or fix the roof leaks myself. Other damage could wait.
It was the right call as only our hearts could fix the tank issues. It just wasn't possible.
Sorry to snag the thread for a second, but I just can't imagine building another reek tank without protection from blackouts, let alone more hurricanes, which we've had many of since then (2005).
Again, great work. I'll be following, along with many other great reefs going on. Hoping to see something in the tank soon.

View attachment 1076235

Last edited:
Avast
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Sanddollar is a very hardy coral that has been around the hobby for a long time.

Great pics.
Tyree Sanddollar. Ha, I have the same and had no idea it had a fancy name.

Last edited:
CLICK TO VIEW
Top Shelf Aquatics

justingraham

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Raft Canada Garden Of Eden ... This one is finally starting to color up for me again

Jared's Mai Tai ... forming a nice table growth pattern

My garden of eden from u has really taken off as well beautiful coral I looked past really glad I sent it to me text me when ur up I didn’t want to reply to u to early we are on different time zones

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Corals.com
Back