Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, hoping to simplify and less stress to the system with bigger water changes, I have a 55 gallon, still new and nitrates are in the 20’s , I feed heavy , just started a chaeto reactor, skimmer works ok, tried without and nitrates were higher- no sump
I found the auto aqua smart auto water change and top off ( not realizing they were discontinued), new out of box
Setup easy,manual water change at first worked but it seemed to freeze and not turn back on ato,
Tested the ato and it pumped then stopped before reaching correct water level,and beeped until I moved the sensor,repeat same thing, maybe as a backup that was a large amount to pump?
thinking I don’t want to trust this
I also don’t think I can afford to get a Neptune system, not planning on auto dosing,testing- at least for now I plan testing and dosing by hand, no corals (well just one test frag) until I work the bugs out, which seem to be continuous.
I have no programming knowledge so the reef pi soundscool but without my son in law (electrical engineer) helping me I doubt it would be for me
thoughts on options/cost for systems, or likely back to buckets- it is a short walk thankfully
Thanks for any input

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Top Shelf Aquatics

cwerner

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's not really many cheap options. I'm in the process of setting up a Hydros controller to do it for me, but if I'd decided against that I would have gotten the Kamoer X2SR

The AutoAqua is terrible. I had two units that broke back to back a few years ago and I decided to not trust them ever since.

AquaCave Logo Banner

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
There's not really many cheap options. I'm in the process of setting up a Hydros controller to do it for me, but if I'd decided against that I would have gotten the Kamoer X2SR

The AutoAqua is terrible. I had two units that broke back to back a few years ago and I decided to not trust them ever since.
Auto aqua is one of the worse and manufacturer does not stand behind the product.
I am awaiting a smart AWC ( hope its better than their ATO) used at a cost lower than rediculous $310

Currently, I bail 2 gallons a day which takes less than 5 minutes and refill with my mixing station

1681833470652.png

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use either a two head dosing pump or two separate dosing pumps and a timer for the ato. Use the timer to shut the ato off for a certain period of time. Within that window of time, have one dosing head remove X amount of tank water. Have the other dosing head add in the same volume of newly mixed salt water.

Top Shelf Aquatics

AUTOAQUA

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi there, this is AUTOAQUA. It is our pleasure to know that you might have some feedback from our product.
May we understand more detail about the feedback from you about our product by mail: [email protected]? It is our honor to receive your mail. Thank you so much!

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tropic Marin USA
Back