Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wrestling with the Apex system again. I set up the ATK v2 and connected it to the A3 Pro. I quadruple checked and everything is plugged in where it should be, the unit is powered on the EB832.

But sump'n ain't right. The unit isn't doing anything and at this point both water sensors are above the waterline in the sump. The light on the FMM module is green, it's under the impression it's pumping water.

I have run the ATK task in Fusion multiple times (I didn't touch the programming). Everything seems fine when I upload the config. I set the ATK to Auto and some time later the Apex shifts it to Off.

I confirmed that the pump isn't doing anything and indeed there's no water going into the sump.

And while I'm at it, I am on my second Salinity Probe and can't get that to work either. In fact, the Apex doesn't even acknowledge that it's plugged in. Frustrating stuff.

CLICK TO VIEW

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the ATK with its own FMM or the on-board FMM and running the ATK task?

I assume that you are experiencing time out restrictions unless your dashboard says your pmup is on and it is not running. That would be a bad pump.

OP
OP
jmatt

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the ATK with its own FMM or the on-board FMM and running the ATK task?

I assume that you are experiencing time out restrictions unless your dashboard says your pmup is on and it is not running. That would be a bad pump.
I was under the impression I was supposed to use the FMM module and then plug that into the Apex. I couldn't get the Apex to recognize the leak detector that is included with the A3 unit, either. I assumed it was because I didn't have an FMM installed.

And the included instructions with the unit make no mention of not using the FMM module if it's going to be handled by the Apex unit. It even includes an Aquabus cable. One would presume you follow the included directions and then connect the FMM to the Apex.

It would be nice if there were actual, real, clear instructions or videos on how to do any of this. Go to the Neptune site and you won't even find a guide for the A3 series, just some generic tomb that references stuff from prior generations.

Last edited:

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your programing is timing out on the when statement, that is what is setting your slider from auto to off.

You either have a bad pmup or it is air-locked. If you can hear or feel it running when you set it to ON, it is just air-locked.

OP
OP
jmatt

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was checking the pmup earlier, I noticed a lot of bubbles escape when I turned it sideways. So perhaps it was air-locked.

Then I turned it on in Fusion and it worked! But when I turned it from On to Auto it stopped pumping even though the water is still below the lowest sensor. So I know the pump is working, but not something about the Auto mode.

Turned it back On and the sump is filling, let's see if the sensors turn it off...

The lowest sensor is fully submerged but the water is still flowing...

Now the upper sensor is fully submerged but the water is still flowing...

Happy to report that the float valve stopped the water.

But I obviously have an issue to work out.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tenecor Aquariums
Back