Are you a reef flipper or have you considered it?

BRS

Are you a reef flipper or have you considered it?

• Yes and I do well

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Yes and I break even

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes and I lose my butt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No but I want to

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No because my spouse would divorce me

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

ronnie

Acro addict (recovering)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I check Facebook randomly for “the deal of the century” and came across a 300G fully stocked for $1500. Several tangs, 200lbs live rock, corals, two MP40s, large skimmer, 3 Radions, apex w w DOS and more not pictured.

I think it would be fun to buy it and try to flip it for a little profit, but then my 20+ year marriage might go up in flames if I bring it all home.

Have you done this before? What went wrong? What went right?

|Frank|

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see deals like this all the time on fb and I always want to buy to flip. Not that my wife would divorce me but I’d definitely get an ear full for a couple days lol.

OP
OP
ronnie

ronnie

Acro addict (recovering)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see deals like this all the time on fb and I always want to buy to flip. Not that my wife would divorce me but I’d definitely get an ear full for a couple days lol.
This one is probably the closest I’ve come to pulling the trigger. I wonder if I could get it for $1000. Haha!!!

N1tew0lf1212

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple deals im sitting on currently in the garage the wife asks me everyday are you going to post it....i tell her everyday maybe tomorrow....i feel as ig my time is running out but then again u always seem to buy a little time with the i need to finish this then i can....i dont see a divorce coming but i did buy an extra comfy couch last year just in case tomorrow is the day she puts an end to it...

OP
OP
ronnie

ronnie

Acro addict (recovering)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a couple deals im sitting on currently in the garage the wife asks me everyday are you going to post it....i tell her everyday maybe tomorrow....i feel as ig my time is running out but then again u always seem to buy a little time with the i need to finish this then i can....i dont see a divorce coming but i did buy an extra comfy couch last year just in case tomorrow is the day she puts an end to it...
I lack the proper sleep ware outside of our bedroom. This would be a nuts to do, but I think it might also be a cool adventure we could do together. And by together, I mean with her staring at me with that look while I do all the work.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about it but then I had a few things to sell that came with my new tank and I saw just how hard it is to sell something nowadays lol… nobody wants to pay anything for them, that’s why you see this “amazing deal” on marketplace… it would take forever to get your money back much less break even.. sure lights go fast by the rest :rolleyes:

N1tew0lf1212

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lack the proper sleep ware outside of our bedroom. This would be a nuts to do, but I think it might also be a cool adventure we could do together. And by together, I mean with her staring at me with that look while I do all the work.
Yea thats about how it works i told her that as well this is something we could both do together....well it was fun til i realuzed she was the designer and i was the master woodworker in her eyes....i took one for ourselves a frag tank flip here is a b4 and after. Now she wants to do every tank and feature like this one smh i should have left it rough hahaha
20230507_172137.jpg
20230304_193507.jpg
20220802_180656.jpg

|Frank|

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one is probably the closest I’ve come to pulling the trigger. I wonder if I could get it for $1000. Haha!!!
"Honey the guy was practically giving it away for $100"

OP
OP
ronnie

ronnie

Acro addict (recovering)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought about it but then I had a few things to sell that came with my new tank and I saw just how hard it is to sell something nowadays lol… nobody wants to pay anything for them, that’s why you see this “amazing deal” on marketplace… it would take forever to get your money back much less break even.. sure lights go fast by the rest :rolleyes:
This is my fear somewhat. But I know the lights, apex, and mp40s would sell for a decent amount. Even if I could only get $500 for the tank/stand/sump/etc, it would still be a decent deal.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my fear somewhat. But I know the lights, apex, and mp40s would sell for a decent amount. Even if I could only get $500 for the tank/stand/sump/etc, it would still be a decent deal.
This are the hot items that will sell… the tank and stand is a pain to flip lol…

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dr. Reefs Quarantined Fish
Back