Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My firefish swims with a tilt sometimes. Kinda like a boat with too much weight on one side. But when he’s in other areas of the tank it swims normally. But sometimes he just looks like he’s leaning into it. I haven’t seen a fish do that unless something’s wrong. He eats and even has a bedtime so he seems healthy. I have no frame of reference for this.

BRS

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My firefish swims with a tilt sometimes. Kinda like a boat with too much weight on one side. But when he’s in other areas of the tank it swims normally. But sometimes he just looks like he’s leaning into it. I haven’t seen a fish do that unless something’s wrong. He eats and even has a bedtime so he seems healthy. I have no frame of reference for this.
Short video under white lights, please.

LaloJ

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a lot of firefish do that when they're at a point of high flow and they're incredibly quick to startle fish. In my early days I bought a firefish and acclimated it to my 10 gallon tank which had a couple of snail shells sitting on the sand so when I released the fish it immediately shot under one of the snails, I still don't know how He did, seconds later I started looking for him and I never saw him again, it was as if he had teleported :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:.

BRS

Goaway

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it does look like he’s leaning in and it is a high flow area.
View attachment 3151149
I
Looks like a battle with reflection. Is the leaning always when he's near glass?

In the beginning, also appears to be nipping at the glass too.

Goaway

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looks like he's bickering with his reflection to me. I've see fish do that too often. My cbb does it at least 1 hour a day. I've had male wrasse who have done that. I'm calling it normal. Just as long as this doesn't interfere with eating. He'll be fine.
It’s always in that area and at the glass and it’s always in high flow areas.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Diaper
Back