Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve decided to start re-scaping. I have some dry rock from my lfs epoxy and glue. My plan is to base around the dry rock then break up my live rock and add it to the base scaping so I don’t lose my bacteria.

my dry rocks getting dirty but I assume I can dunk it in rodi water before adding it to my tank. I’ll post pics as I progress. This has me a bit excited
You gotta cure the dry rock so put it in a bucket of water in the backyard for 1-2 weeks. If you do not do that the dry rock could release amonia or phophates in a large number and cause major algae outbreaks.

Nutramar Foods

Dav2996

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve decided to start re-scaping. I have some dry rock from my lfs epoxy and glue. My plan is to base around the dry rock then break up my live rock and add it to the base scaping so I don’t lose my bacteria.

my dry rocks getting dirty but I assume I can dunk it in rodi water before adding it to my tank. I’ll post pics as I progress. This has me a bit excited
The water doesnt need to be saltwater it can be freshwater to help break down the organics in the sun

OP
OP
J

jwesley5480

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh man thanks for the heads up. My LFS said I could put it directly into the tank with no problems! My only other concern is breaking up my live rock to make the redo the scaping I have one small leather to work around.
I plan to break off the surrounding rock and put it back in the tank. As long as the rest of the rock stays wet that’s no issue right?

BRS
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Neptune
Back