Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, after well over a decade of keeping planted freshwater tanks, I decided to finally take the plunge and see what all the fuss is about over on the saltwater side. I’m currently running freshwater 125g, 75g, 55g, 50g, 3x 20g long and several 10g tanks. A few months ago, I started a 20g Long softy tank, using a Seachem Tidal55 hob, AquaMaxx Bullet hob skimmer, a couple of tiny Hygger wavemakers, and 2x Kessil A80 lights. Currently, I’ve got 1x ORA Clownfish and 1x ORA Orchid Dottyback with an assortment of inverts. All the coral (except one) are softies. 4 types of zoas, toadstool leather, Kenya Tree leather, Devil’s Hand leather, Xenia, GSP, Neon Green Cabbage leather, Discosoma mushroom, Ricordia mushroom, Rhodactus mushroom, and my one lonely LPS… Alien Eye Candy Cane. the tank cycled well and the tank parameters were rock solid when I started introducing livestock. Now I’m slowly fighting my way through the ugly-brown-stage, and hoping that everything takes off. I already have plans to start an LPS-dominant 50g in the very near future. I’m not saying I’m COMPLETELY sold on the saltwater addiction (freshwater submersed gardening is SUPER cool!!), but I think I may be in this for the long haul!! Multi-Tank Addiction is REAL!!!!

Top Shelf Aquatics

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to the salty side
IMG_3073.gif

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, after well over a decade of keeping planted freshwater tanks, I decided to finally take the plunge and see what all the fuss is about over on the saltwater side. I’m currently running freshwater 125g, 75g, 55g, 50g, 3x 20g long and several 10g tanks. A few months ago, I started a 20g Long softy tank, using a Seachem Tidal55 hob, AquaMaxx Bullet hob skimmer, a couple of tiny Hygger wavemakers, and 2x Kessil A80 lights. Currently, I’ve got 1x ORA Clownfish and 1x ORA Orchid Dottyback with an assortment of inverts. All the coral (except one) are softies. 4 types of zoas, toadstool leather, Kenya Tree leather, Devil’s Hand leather, Xenia, GSP, Neon Green Cabbage leather, Discosoma mushroom, Ricordia mushroom, Rhodactus mushroom, and my one lonely LPS… Alien Eye Candy Cane. the tank cycled well and the tank parameters were rock solid when I started introducing livestock. Now I’m slowly fighting my way through the ugly-brown-stage, and hoping that everything takes off. I already have plans to start an LPS-dominant 50g in the very near future. I’m not saying I’m COMPLETELY sold on the saltwater addiction (freshwater submersed gardening is SUPER cool!!), but I think I may be in this for the long haul!! Multi-Tank Addiction is REAL!!!!
Welcome to the salt water side!

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Vivid
Back