OP
OP
Vested

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its corrupted files on the sd card. New $8 card (empty) and I am back in business. If you can limp along locally the save config function still produces good data and can be used to restore everything.
Awesome I have a card coming tomorrow, went with 16gb. So far they are not being honest about this being their software causing the corruption. I was told its “highly unlikely”

Gut Pile

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I have a card coming tomorrow, went with 16gb. So far they are not being honest about this being their software causing the corruption. I was told its “highly unlikely”
It's not necessarily damage to the card - though I have had unreadable cards in one of my apexes. I lose track of them. This could be as simple as putting the system into an unstable state. Forget to close a file/corrupt a settings file and you are off to the races.

OP
OP
Vested

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bluetang_2000 Hey let me know if you still want the email instructions

Swapping the sd card fixed this issue, had a hard time reconnecting but figured it out with the login token. Seems to be working normally now, just need to reprogram everything.

AlaskaReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, mine updated automatically after a power cycle... rebooted literally everything back to factory. Of course I wasn't home. All of my modules got deleted. Literally back to factory basics. Thankfully my wife handled it.

Bottom line. I've got about $30k in Neptune Systems crap... I'm about to literally burn all of it. Not even my iPhone forces an update.

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having wifi connection issues for the last few weeks. Wifi completely went out last week. It was during troubleshooting that I saw it lost connection 10 times in 24 hours. I have a call with them on tuesday, but I am not hopeful to find a solution. If they tell me I need a new brain I will most likely switch to hydros as this will be my 2nd brain in less than 2 years.

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, mine updated automatically after a power cycle... rebooted literally everything back to factory. Of course I wasn't home. All of my modules got deleted. Literally back to factory basics. Thankfully my wife handled it.

Bottom line. I've got about $30k in Neptune Systems crap... I'm about to literally burn all of it. Not even my iPhone forces an update.
I have never heard this before. Mine has certainly never done an automatic FW update …. though I discovered years ago that the A2 brain did not like to lose power (I assume the A3 is similar) so it is on a supplemental power supply plugged into an UPS.

Gut Pile

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually had a conversation with a fellow named Carlos from Neptune support who eventually called me back after filing a case. He swore that they know the issue is caused by problems with non industrial grade SD cards. problem being - the SD card that failed was from them and was labeled "Industrial". Using a non sandisk industrial grade card. Still not convinced it's a disk problem but have been stable so far. Doing what I can now to avoid doing business with Aperture companies as they all seem to be going to !@%!@ in their own special ways.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back