Anyone with an AI Blade (Grow/Glow) have thoughts on it?

BRS

rtparty

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been reading reviews on this product and have seen more than a couple of people comment on it having heating issues.
Still on the market looking to see what’s the most optimal for me.

They aren’t over heating from what I’ve seen. Lenses aren’t melting like Primes (although this takes a couple years.)

I’m curious why people think they are over heating. When ReefDudes tested his they ran about 43°C at 100%. The LEDs are rated up to like 80°C so they aren’t even close to hitting that.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
One Reefing Boi

One Reefing Boi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve been researching myself as I’m thinking between the Blades and the Photon V2 Pro. I’ve been hearing really good things about the blades just as what’s listed above.
however what worries me is this:
-Primes are currently on sale (feels related to marketing Blades, and not sure why that makes me uncomfortable)
-Still too new to get real feedback from customers
-Similar to the Primes, Blades have a heating issue.
-Worried about the heavy marketing from the major influencers drowning the products authentic reviews.

Still waiting for my tank to arrive and know I got months away from having to make a decision.

Going to follow! Please keep us posted.
I am also weary of all the influencers pushing them so hard right now. but hey, maybe they are that good?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Rugops

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems the my the cord that connect to the AI Blade strip decided to slip out today. I have not pulled it or tugged it moved it much. It has been sitting on my tank since I got it and now I have to go submit a ticket
20230322_205910.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner

rtparty

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems the my the cord that connect to the AI Blade strip decided to slip out today. I have not pulled it or tugged it moved it much. It has been sitting on my tank since I got it and now I have to go submit a ticketView attachment 3077375

The early batches have this issue. I disassembled mine completely and found the wires are epoxied in and water can’t enter the light at all.

AI will replace them under warranty but I got tired of the back and forth. Threw a little silicone on and done. Can’t even tell and no waiting back and forth

Rugops

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The early batches have this issue. I disassembled mine completely and found the wires are epoxied in and water can’t enter the light at all.

AI will replace them under warranty but I got tired of the back and forth. Threw a little silicone on and done. Can’t even tell and no waiting back and forth
Hmm. I didn't know that. It seems that it works but it just blinks randomly. I want to try that but I don't want to void the warranty either.

AquaCave Logo Banner

jim881

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently 2 Grow, 1 Glow, and 2 XHO Actinic. I will replace the XHOs with another Glow and Grow as funds permit. I don’t need 5 but want 5 lol.

I’ll grab some screenshots of my settings and post them

View attachment 3075506
awesome setup....can you tell me what mounting bracket you are using there? I love that you have angling ability ....those are blades hooked up in that pic, correct ?

Slocke

Wrasse Nerd
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get 3 21” or 30” since I have bracing to and was afraid of this, how did you raise it 1 inch?
I think the smaller ones have legs to lift it. What I did was flip the plastic brackets for hanging and use them as legs at each end.image.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue
Back