Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone familiar with the Eheim feeding station please.

I just bought it because I noticed with the automatic feeder the fish pellets were going right into the overflow. So I added the eheim feeding station and the pellet stayed right on top if the water. I waited to see if any would drop but they didn’t. The next time I used the automatic feeder with the Eheim feeding station, I dumped a lot of food and a few of the pellets sunk down this time but a good portion was still at the top of the water.

How do I fix this issue PLEASE because alot if times I am not around and need to use the automatic feeder. Please please please any help or suggestions I would appreciate and try. Please!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The food will eventually sink. You can sometimes speed this process up by aiming a powerhead towards the food chamber.
I sat there for at least 10 minutes and nothing ever went down but I’ll try again tomorrow. I will also try to aim the powerhead n hope tht helps out. Thank you

Nutramar Foods

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone familiar with the Eheim feeding station please.

I just bought it because I noticed with the automatic feeder the fish pellets were going right into the overflow. So I added the eheim feeding station and the pellet stayed right on top if the water. I waited to see if any would drop but they didn’t. The next time I used the automatic feeder with the Eheim feeding station, I dumped a lot of food and a few of the pellets sunk down this time but a good portion was still at the top of the water.

How do I fix this issue PLEASE because alot if times I am not around and need to use the automatic feeder. Please please please any help or suggestions I would appreciate and try. Please!
You need to get sinking pellets. The feeder dropping the food is no different than you dropping the food...

Top Shelf Aquatics

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there's good flow they're usually get sucked down.
IME, not quickly enough, even when they were dropped right into the flow of a powerhead aimed at the surface. That's when I got sinking pellets and they worked well.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Kinetics
Back