Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a way to feed my corals both LPS and SPS while minimizing rises in nutrients since the fish already greatly contribute to that in a nano so I was curious about people's experiences with this product. Has anyone tried it?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Muffin87

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a way to feed my corals both LPS and SPS while minimizing rises in nutrients since the fish already greatly contribute to that in a nano so I was curious about people's experiences with this product. Has anyone tried it?
Sure, just take a look at the reviews on BRS.
A lot of people seem to like it. Anecdotally, it promotes polyp extension when the lights are on.
I suppose on a nano, it wouldn’t be too expensive. But it does need to be stored in the fridge.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
Sure, just take a look at the reviews on BRS.
A lot of people seem to like it. Anecdotally, it promotes polyp extension when the lights are on.
I suppose on a nano, it wouldn’t be too expensive. But it does need to be stored in the fridge.
All look at the reviews because there are plenty of less expensive products that promote PE but it's the actual feeding of the coral I'm looking for.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Miami Reef

I’m the problem, it’s me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it’s necessary (I never tried it).

If your tank already is rising in nutrients, N & P are already being supplied. Feeding fish is very good for corals.

There’s nothing wrong if you want to experiment with that product.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it’s necessary (I never tried it).

If your tank already is rising in nutrients, N & P are already being supplied. Feeding fish is very good for corals.

There’s nothing wrong if you want to experiment with that product.
The thing is, the coral is a Porites with Christmas Tree Worms and it's darkened up over the past few weeks of having it (I suspect from the phosphates)...I have to feed the worms in addition to the fish which leads to higher phosphates and nitrates meaning even more frequent water changes...maybe I'll feed the fish a little less and see how that affects it's coloration. porites are notoriously difficult to keep healthy

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Coral Frenzy
Back