View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I DO PASS on seafood because i'm alergic to seafood :D :D :D
I can cook it like a champ, make my own fish food and catch it- Just cant eat it

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fun thread! I was just thinking about, how when I was younger, I used to love picking the lobster I was going to eat from the tank. As a child, it made me feel powerful. Almost like judge, jury, and executioner. As an adult, I sometimes find myself longing for the same experience at a steak house.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The seafood industry is destroying the oceans, won’t be much left soon.
This, sir, is a true statement. The chief offender being China.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All solid points. To make two things clear: 1) I'm not passing on eating fish either- it's a passing feeling; and 2) I don't think I've eaten fish sticks in over 20 years. lol. However, I've always wondered how they were caught, seeing as how they could slip through the nets so easily!
I've never figured out how fish fingers manage to swim on their own

Avast

Slocke

Wrasse Nerd
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not even when I'm eating fish or an animal I hunted. We are all a part of the circle of life. But trophy hunters suck.
Actually trophy hunters in Africa are awesome! Waste a lot of money on killing an animal that was carefully chosen. Some of the conservation services I worked with were good at finding the old but impressive animal that was inhibiting reproduction in wild populations (aka old males that were in charge of a harem). The money would then be used for conservation and they spent a lot of money on what was essentially little more than a theatrical show put in by the locals. Rich trophy hunters are ironically saving endangered species. I’m not saying they’re good people but they are useful.
Shooting Star GIF

BetterJake

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight, while eating a meal of baked salmon and sweet potato, I couldn't help but feel a bit guilty, given my love for this hobby? In fact, this feeling hits me every time I eat fish. I mean, I still do, but still...

Anyone else experience this, or just me? A lot is discussed here about our favorite specimens to keep in our little oceans, but not much regarding the ones we like to enjoy on the dinner plate. What's yours?
I have the same thought every time I eat sushi sitting across from my fish tank

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually trophy hunters in Africa are awesome waste a lot of money on killing an animal that was carefully chosen. Some of the conservation services I worked with were good at finding the old but impressive animal that was inhibiting reproduction in wild populations (aka old males that were in charge of a harem). The money would then be used for conservation and they spent a lot of money on what was essentially little more than a theatrical show put in by the locals. Rich trophy hunters are ironically saving endangered species. I’m not saying they’re good people but they are useful.
Shooting Star GIF
The Dainty Dictator and I traveled to South Africa a few years back. In addition to cage diving with Great Whites, we did safari at a private game reserve and the rangers did a discussion about this. It changed my mind about big game hunters. Now, poachers are another story entirely...

Sailaway

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight, while eating a meal of baked salmon and sweet potato, I couldn't help but feel a bit guilty, given my love for this hobby? In fact, this feeling hits me every time I eat fish. I mean, I still do, but still...

Anyone else experience this, or just me? A lot is discussed here about our favorite specimens to keep in our little oceans, but not much regarding the ones we like to enjoy on the dinner plate. What's yours?

I don’t feel guilty, I love my pet fish, I truly do, but I’m a fisherman and I love the taste of fish. Fried catfish, flounder, softshell crab, croaker, and redfish bring back so many memories. I grew up on seafood, I could never give it up. However, when I kill a fish I always give it as much respect as I can, they are living things and don’t deserve to suffer. I bleed and gut my fish immediately.

Avast

Akreefnewguy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
Actually trophy hunters in Africa are awesome! Waste a lot of money on killing an animal that was carefully chosen. Some of the conservation services I worked with were good at finding the old but impressive animal that was inhibiting reproduction in wild populations (aka old males that were in charge of a harem). The money would then be used for conservation and they spent a lot of money on what was essentially little more than a theatrical show put in by the locals. Rich trophy hunters are ironically saving endangered species. I’m not saying they’re good people but they are useful.
Shooting Star GIF
That is about the only time I find trophy hunting worth while. But it's not my thing.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t feel guilty, I love my pet fish, I truly do, but I’m a fisherman and I love the taste of fish. Fried catfish, flounder, softshell crab, croaker, and redfish bring back so many memories. I grew up on seafood, I could never give it up. However, when I kill a fish I always give it as much respect as I can, they are living things and don’t deserve to suffer. I bleed and gut my fish immediately.
Same.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
T

That is about the only time I find trophy hunting worth while. But it's not my thing.
Agreed. I should qualify that, while on safari, the only thing I was armed with was camera equipment.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel guilty when I eat beef and I don’t eat it often. But not fish. They’re bigger fish, not appealing, and we do have to eat something…
Not me. That being said, I refuse to eat veal.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. I should qualify that, while on safari, the only thing I was armed with was camera equipment.
You need a Cannon for the larger game.

Nutramar Foods

Slocke

Wrasse Nerd
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T

Definitely not mine either. I go out with binoculars and the only shooting is done with my camera.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Frag Farm
Back