Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys just need some help and input about using anti mould paint in a room with a aquarium in it (Ronseal Anti Mould Emulsion Paint). I'm not stupid as to paint anything and place it into the tank. I know I have to cover the tank with a bin bag and seal it completely. But is it still safe to use the paint in that room. Will the room still be safe afterwards with fungicide or whatever the paint uses to stop the mould.

Corals.com

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys just need some help and input about using anti mould paint in a room with a aquarium in it (Ronseal Anti Mould Emulsion Paint). I'm not stupid as to paint anything and place it into the tank. I know I have to cover the tank with a bin bag and seal it completely. But is it still safe to use the paint in that room. Will the room still be safe afterwards with fungicide or whatever the paint uses to stop the mould.

As long as the paint is fully cured and doesnt flake off into the tank, there will be no mold inhibitor or offgassing contact danger.

JZ199

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Ecos Paints! I have parrots (extremely sensitive to chemicals and smells) and painted my whole house because their brand paint is safe (for birds,babies, sensitive people). Granted I still blocked off the room they were in while I painted just to be extra safe, but the paint had no scent and is praised for being free of VOCs and other "unhealthy" chemicals. They also have an anti mold one if I remember correctly.

If not there is also another brand I used for our bathroom from lowes that was free of VOCs and all that stuff (also didn't have any scent) That is supposed to be safe from airborne toxins. I'll try to check out what it was when I get home.

(once cured though, all paints should be safe) I just used these ones because they were safe during applications and curing to be around.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Breeders
Back