Another new innovation from Orphek - OR4 Icon strip light !!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

ORPHEK LED LIGHTING​

PRODUCT LAUNCH

THE ORPHEK OR4 iCON
reef & freshwater aquarium LED lighting Bars
with Sun & moon synchronization​

The revolution in reef aquarium LED Bars is about to begin!​

Slim. Resistant. Versatile. Most Advanced.

If you fell in love with our OR3 Reef Aquarium LED Bars you will love the new generation of Orphek OR4 iCon LED Bars even more!! We are upgrading our Orphek LED Bars to its forth generation and launching a mind-blowing product line just for you!

OR4 iCon LED Bar series is the newest & most advanced line of Reef & Planted Aquarium LED Bars developed and engineered by Orphek with proprietary iCon cutting edge technology.

OR4 iCon LED Bars will change your aquarium forever!​

Are you ready to explore the next revolution in both reef and freshwater aquarium LED lighting technology? Dive in with us to uncover the future of aquatic illumination and uncover the extraordinary capabilities of our cutting-

wjm6449

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow. Price point for the 60” is 350??? That’s so much cheaper than the blade and it appears to be nicer. That intrigues me.

wjm6449

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI was the LAST one to the LED strip light market. There are a TON of other options that have been around a lot longer than Blades.
I’m new to the reefing hobby and I bought the blade when it first came out (built my tank piece by piece) but now that I know this exists for that cheap… I think I have my answer on what I’m doing to supplemebt

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow. Price point for the 60” is 350??? That’s so much cheaper than the blade and it appears to be nicer. That intrigues me.

oof.. AI blade is overpriced for the spectrum. Sorry you got taken :p

AI blade can be run really close to the water though. Generally these other bars should be hung up higher.

wjm6449

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oof.. AI blade is overpriced for the spectrum. Sorry you got taken :p

AI blade can be run really close to the water though. Generally these other bars should be hung up higher.
Live and learn, right? I’ll probably use both at the same time with some janky set up until I can buy more of the 60” model. Supplemental might not be that bad for now using the blade as a fill light. The blade IS growing my zoas but I know I could do better. I thought I was hamstrung by the cost of lights but now that I know this is out there… kind excited I can slowly build it up without having my wallet wrecked 3-4 times.

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live and learn, right? I’ll probably use both at the same time with some janky set up until I can buy more of the 60” model. Supplemental might not be that bad for now using the blade as a fill light. The blade IS growing my zoas but I know I could do better. I thought I was hamstrung by the cost of lights but now that I know this is out there… kind excited I can slowly build it up without having my wallet wrecked 3-4 times.

There are many affordable options. The quanta bars are even cheaper if you don’t need fancy controls. They are otherwise fantastic lights

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ORPHEK LED LIGHTING​

PRODUCT LAUNCH

THE ORPHEK OR4 iCON
reef & freshwater aquarium LED lighting Bars
with Sun & moon synchronization​

The revolution in reef aquarium LED Bars is about to begin!​

Slim. Resistant. Versatile. Most Advanced.

If you fell in love with our OR3 Reef Aquarium LED Bars you will love the new generation of Orphek OR4 iCon LED Bars even more!! We are upgrading our Orphek LED Bars to its forth generation and launching a mind-blowing product line just for you!

OR4 iCon LED Bar series is the newest & most advanced line of Reef & Planted Aquarium LED Bars developed and engineered by Orphek with proprietary iCon cutting edge technology.

OR4 iCon LED Bars will change your aquarium forever!​

Are you ready to explore the next revolution in both reef and freshwater aquarium LED lighting technology? Dive in with us to uncover the future of aquatic illumination and uncover the extraordinary capabilities of our cutting-
I would be curious to see how well these work!

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

NickHolmes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 OR3's are rubbish and not built to last. Diodes keep on dying and I've given up taking them down to fix. First time they failed (about 2 months apart), was just out of warrantee. I contacted Orphek and they informed me mine were not part of batches with known problems so they wouldn't assist. Just hoping the Atlantik Icon doesn't suffer the same fate.

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had some OR3 bars for a few years and they have been terrific. I imagine the OR4 are equal or better in quality and then you also get the controllability.

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little confused, does anyone know if these bars are stand alone with app and dimming capability or do you need osix add on for that?

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little confused, does anyone know if these bars are stand alone with app and dimming capability or do you need osix add on for that?
Seems to be that the bar comes with everything ..
Screenshot_20241010-100826.png

A driver that comes with Orphek’s iCon Technology (the most Advanced & fastest Intelligent connectivity – Wi-Fi / Bluetooth, internet connectivity/ high speed response/ Built- in wireless worldwide remote and local programming, control and monitoring via App.) combined with Orphek’s 10,000% Dimming Control Technology

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im all Orphek and happy with OR3 and with icon diodes can imagine does the tank justice
I have the OR3 blades as well and I am happy. I was contacted a month ago about these blades, but I wanted to see the detailed product literature before I made any changes. I’m glad the information is now on their website.

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be that the bar comes with everything ..
Screenshot_20241010-100826.png
That’s why I was confused. It talked about that but then towards the end they talked about pairing it up with osix. Is the only reason for osix with these to get multiple bars on one power supply then?

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
That’s why I was confused. It talked about that but then towards the end they talked about pairing it up with osix. Is the only reason for osix with these to get multiple bars on one power supply then?
Yes

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be interesting to see how they compare to the new Helix bars of similar size.

This was my thought as well. While I don’t have either bar, it looks like the Helix is better. If I’m not mistaken, Helix has quad chip technology. Orphek only has dual chip. Helix looks to be higher wattage by size. Helix has 5 sizes, orphek appears to have 4. Orphek does have more individual spectrum options. Helix doesn’t have an app that I can tell.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back