Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know if I'm posting this in the right spot so my apologies if it's not...I searched the forum and I'm fairly certain the swim pattern is normal clown weirdness (but I would like to double check lol) but also as far as feeding is concerned...I was told clowns go bananas for mysis shrimp so I got some along with some brine shrimp, I don't know if they like either one to be honest. They bite and spit and swim away. Granted, I've only had these fish for a few days so they are probably still settling and I'm just over thinking lol they are in a 40 gal breeder with just those two and nothing else. Salinity is 1.024, temp is 77.5, ammonia: 0, nitrites: 0 nitrates are 5ppm . I also recorded with the blue lights on so it kind of bleached out the background but highlighted the fishie.

Attachments

• 20230419_203236.mp4
    8.5 MB
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Elit3klutz

Elit3klutz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like normal clown swimming to me, but I am far from an expert.

How many times have you tried feeding them the shrimp? I know it takes a few feedings for mine to adjust to a new brand/mix.
I feed them a couple small meals a day so like, in the morning I do a few brine and then a smaller mixture of the two and then towards evening I do the mysis...they are still pretty small (little less than an inch or right around it) so I try to do a couple small "meals".

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Elit3klutz

Elit3klutz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's normal clownfish swimming. Mysis are probably too big if they are that small. Look for some small pellets and mix it with brine shrimp. As they grow, they will adjust to larger foods.
Ah, thank you! I will be picking up some pellets tomorrow...any you would recommend?

Top Shelf Aquatics

ReefBoost

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the above. When my clowns were super tiny I mixed the smallest pellet TDOs with frozen baby brine shrimp and they went nuts. Now they are basically garbage cans and eat anything and everything lol

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back