+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Collegues

My anemone started to behave kind of weird. Two days ago it was sitting as always on the wall of the tank close to cascade filter outlet and I noticed some split on the side of it. Yesterday it started moving in the tank. Went totally down and and after few hours cane back up to the previous place. I have noticed that on the side the wound becomes bigger. No it is alomost laying on the floor again but is sticked to the wall. I do not know if this was anemones last walk and is simply daying or simply splitting. I have attached few picture for you to see.

Just to add my tank 1 month old and I have serious problems with cyanobacteria at the moment. Just wondering if this is the case of anemones problems. At the moment I am just checking NO2 and NO3 level. NO2 is close to 0 but NO3 is between 50-100 mg/l.

Thank you in advance for any comments.

20221126_080452.jpg 20221126_080501.jpg 20221126_080511.jpg

Avast

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anemones are very delicate animals. They will struggle in brand new aquariums, until the aquarium becomes stable. Just do your best to keep all parameters as steady as possible, If it starts turning brown or starts to melt, be ready to take it out of the tank.

Cyano in a one month old tank (to me) represents several issue's that should be corrected.

Its important to go slow in this hobby, new aquariums take a long while to balance themselves to be ready for sensatative animals like anemones and corals.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AAF
Back