Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i waited a week before feeding my anemone a small peice of food and can anyone tell me is it normal for it to rip it out of your fingers
and also how many days till it fully like reinflates it’s self it looks how it looks in the morning when my lights first turn on but it’s been looking like that for two days

i’ll post a few pictures of what it looks like normally and what it looks like now

and no i’m just asking if this is normal i’m not asking if it’s dying or anything i’m just trying to learn how a healthy anemone is it dosent have a gapping mouth and it doesn’t look like it’s loosing color i’ve been taking photos of it every single day since i got it at three different times of day

FAA10DBA-DAA0-4F60-AB53-B587B422A19C.jpeg D0AB46B1-6348-4E21-B1D1-A19DF3BBC8AF.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
World Wide Corals

Mical

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on happy & healthy. Taking food is a good sign, just limit feedings to once a week if you feel compelled to feeding them.
Re: nems in general - they do, they go wherever they want. They have quirks of their own and you'll only learn by watching them and NOT over-reacting.

IE: What would you do if you saw your nem like this?:

Attachments

• IMG_7677.jpg
    IMG_7677.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7678.jpg
    IMG_7678.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on happy & healthy. Taking food is a good sign, just limit feedings to once a week if you feel compelled to feeding them.
Re: nems in general - they do, they go wherever they want. They have quirks of their own and you'll only learn by watching them and NOT over-reacting.

IE: What would you do if you saw your nem like this?:
it looks like it’s probably gonna split and yea before i think i over fed my other nem so i’m just gonna give it a small eraser sized bit of shrimp once a week

reefer024

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks good, From what I found with my bta is that regular feedings help it bubble up. If I was you I'd feed it every other day with half a krill til it grows a little bigger and then move up to a full krill. I believe the floating water column food is not enough to keep it full and happy.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks good, From what I found with my bta is that regular feedings help it bubble up. If I was you I'd feed it every other day with half a krill til it grows a little bigger and then move up to a full krill. I believe the floating water column food is not enough to keep it full and happy.
yea the only time i feed the tank is to feed my corals every monday and i don’t think i’d feel good about feeding full pieces of krill i only have full sized raw shrimp

Mical

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks like it’s probably gonna split and yea before i think i over fed my other nem so i’m just gonna give it a small eraser sized bit of shrimp once a week
Actually the pictured nem is not splitting, it's moving. This particular nems moves every day from bottom of rock to top then back to the bottom. Has done that for a month now. Like I mentioned, they all have their own quirks and by observing them (and not panicking) you'll figure out their personalities. Trust me, they DO have individual personalities.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually the pictured nem is not splitting, it's moving. This particular nems moves every day from bottom of rock to top then back to the bottom. Has done that for a month now. Like I mentioned, they all have their own quirks and by observing them (and not panicking) you'll figure out their personalities. Trust me, they DO have individual personalities.
ok thank you for the help and i thought it might have been splitting because i hear they stretch their foot vertically and then they pull themselves apart

Top Shelf Aquatics

TN_Huskymama

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine doesn't sit still either. He is usually all over the place and at least once or twice a day closes up for no reason. I love to see its "shiny stars" when it closes up. It is so pretty! My Benghi cardinals are always up in his koolaid and rarely leave his side. Was hoping my clowns would host but the cardinals took him over lol

Mical

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thank you for the help and i thought it might have been splitting because i hear they stretch their foot vertically and then they pull themselves apart

Yes they do that too, but the little guy in photo is just moving. Years ago when I first got nems I would've panicked,. Now after having 16+ nems, just another "Nem day"

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine doesn't sit still either. He is usually all over the place and at least once or twice a day closes up for no reason. I love to see its "shiny stars" when it closes up. It is so pretty! My Benghi cardinals are always up in his koolaid and rarely leave his side. Was hoping my clowns would host but the cardinals took him over lol
wait cardinals can host an anemone

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean you wouldn't feel good about feeding it full pieces of krill?
well i don’t have krill i have raw shrimp since i couldn’t find krill and if i where to feed it a whole shrimp i dont know i think i would have over fed it in my mind

Top Shelf Aquatics

laverda

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not feed my anemones directly in years. They grow an multiply like crazy. I currently have over 36 and have sold 2 dozen this year. Mine range in size from 3-14”. I don’t think feeding has any thing to do with bubbles. Some of mine will have bubbles while the one right next to it does not. When I did feed them they did not have bubbles. My nitrates are consistently 20-25 which BTAs love as it is a food source for them.

reefer024

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i don’t have krill i have raw shrimp since i couldn’t find krill and if i where to feed it a whole shrimp i dont know i think i would have over fed it in my mind
Don't feed it a whole shrimp, I'd feed it a piece the size of a nickel. They consume bigger pieces than you'd think, and about over feeding it just wouldn't accept the food if it didn't want/need it.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Champion Lighting & Supply
Back