Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always have problems with sps when its a new tank. But once a tank matures and have dissolve organics it should be fine. I had 0 nitrates and 0 phosphate in the past and they grow just fine but i have fish. Or it might still be adjusting to your tank. Mint pavona are easier sps. Mine is getting blasted in the middle of 250W Metal Halide 10,000 K in a standard 90 gallon.
IMG_20230402_190013336.jpg

IMG_20230402_185942851.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Gretchacha

Gretchacha

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always have problems with sps when its a new tank. But once a tank matures and have dissolve organics it should be fine. I had 0 nitrates and 0 phosphate in the past and they grow just fine but i have fish. Or it might still be adjusting to your tank. Mint pavona are easier sps. Mine is getting blasted in the middle of 250W Metal Halide 10,000 K in a standard 90 gallon.
View attachment 3100408
View attachment 3100409
Ooooh! That is gorgeous! I get some more variety of inverts next week that are carnivores, so I can start feeding heavier.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures would help alot just don't take them under blue lights. FWIW I would keep PO4 between .03 mg/l and .5 mg/l. Also feeding corals directly can be problematic as what one likes can be detrimental to another. Since corals get nitrients and carbonates from fish poop I'd just feed your fish more.

I don’t have any fish.

Since fish are an important part of nutrient cycling in reef systems I wouldn't try to maintian a system without them. I've also never had to worry about dosing PO4 since I've never tried a fishless system. Skimming through the posts you seem to have a good handle on what to do and have some good advice and observations.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Gretchacha

Gretchacha

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since fish are an important part of nutrient cycling in reef systems I wouldn't try to maintian a system without them. I've also never had to worry about dosing PO4 since I've never tried a fishless system. Skimming through the posts you seem to have a good handle on what to do and have some good advice and observations.
I will be getting fish over time, but I am building up the biology slowly. I think these photos from reefers under white light and tips for parameters has been really helpful for me. I’ll be working diligently on raising nutrients. Just have to get some fish through QT.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
PremiumAquatics.com
Back