Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on my home drinking/cooking water RO system I have an alkalinity stage which is the last in line before it hits my 20gal reservoir and faucet. My brain is spinning wondering if I can use this on my tank RO system.

Has anyone tried this?
If so did you put it before or after your DI stages?
Also what difference did you see?

Thanks!

Billy

Nutramar Foods

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would lean toward not using it for the tank. You could just T off the line after the RO and before the alkalinity stage, and send it to DI, then use it for the tank.

Why do they add alkalinity back into the water?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on my home drinking/cooking water RO system I have an alkalinity stage which is the last in line before it hits my 20gal reservoir and faucet. My brain is spinning wondering if I can use this on my tank RO system.

Has anyone tried this?
If so did you put it before or after your DI stages?
Also what difference did you see?

Thanks!

Billy
I would not.

The intention of the alkalinity stage is to add "flavor" back to the water. This is done by them using media in that cartridge that allows for some minerals to dissolve back into the water. Being as you have no way to know the exact qty of those minerals, I would not add on to my RODI for the fish tank water.

OP
OP
Eye H8 Empty V

Eye H8 Empty V

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was figuring. I know the manufacturer and have spoken with the owner in years past and he called it a "water polisher." I have not done any testing on our drinking water system see what the DKH is before and after that final stage. So I'm not if if we're actually getting a DKH boost or not. My aquarium RODI system is different. I've got 4 stages of DI Resin. The first RODI stage came with it and added the BRS 3-stage system after. RO system => mixed bed => cation => anion => mixed bed. Can DI resin drop your DKH or PH?

On another note my PH is very low after salt is mixed. I'm down to 7.3 on average. I've got a CO2 scrubber in transit that will hopefully help a lot along with a recirculating top for my Reef Octopus Classic 150 INT.

Thanks!

CLICK TO VIEW
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AAF
Back