Algae id

TylerJaid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone out there I have been doing some research and thought you all may know better than what I am finding on a algae problem in my 4 month old tank, two months with animals and two months without, I'll upload a few picture to see if I can get help maybe identifying the different or single type of algae that I have! I think it's that but also there is some that is white and or fading and some in the sand that's more of red or brown! Thanks everyone in advance!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
T

TylerJaid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like normal GHA on the rocks. Red stuff on sand could be cyano. You will experience a variety of ugly phases throughout the first year so get your hands wet
I have been pulling it off whenever I put my hands in the tank, I just got my clean up crew in last week as well, also does the white/clear ish stuff in the second picture look like it may be dying gha? Or is that something different?? Thanks a lot!

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been pulling it off whenever I put my hands in the tank, I just got my clean up crew in last week as well, also does the white/clear ish stuff in the second picture look like it may be dying gha? Or is that something different?? Thanks a lot!
Could be but GHA is usually with you month 4 through 8. If conditions are right then GHA will be replaced by coralline.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back