Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to be going on a vacation for about a week away from my 25g lagoon tank. I have an auto feeder and the ATO can last for weeks.
The only thing im stressing is the filtration. Currently im using filter floss and manually changing it every day or every other day. Should I just leave the floss out and run without a filter for a week then do a big water change when I get back?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AS

dwest

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to be going on a vacation for about a week away from my 25g lagoon tank. I have an auto feeder and the ATO can last for weeks.
The only thing im stressing is the filtration. Currently im using filter floss and manually changing it every day or every other day. Should I just leave the floss out and run without a filter for a week then do a big water change when I get back?
Sounds like a good plan. Try out that auto feeder way in advance.

Some of us find that it’s fine to run without floss or socks.

A webcam may provide peace of mind and maybe the ability to remotely troubleshoot a problem.

JC1977

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re worried about the floss clogging and overflowing then yeah just leave it out it’s not going to hurt anything.

PR_nano

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my IM20 I leave my filter floss in and it’s good for a week vacation. Auto feeder doing a single rotation 1 sometimes 2 times a day. I normally do a water change a week prior and set up the auto feeder to make sure everything is working. Get a better feeling than doing changes right before heading out for a week. I also have a have someone I can call to do any check up. Top off, filter, reset apex whatever just in case.

Enjoy your vacation and don’t overthink it.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an apex, webcam and the ATO lasts about 2 weeks or so and the autofeeder is currently feeding once a day and I feed in the evening. Ill just take the floss out and let it go and maybe do a large water change when I come back.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RC
Back