Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 7 16hds on 2 seperate systems. I lowered my intensity to 100% first 4 and 50% last ones.
I have 2 lens that burnt from the UV lens being at 140% and Blue at 120%.
Replaced lens and im good.
That really looks like water spash of some kind, imo.

The Luxdium replacement pucks are not available yet for the 16hds as they are not plug and play like the old 13 lensed 26.

Other than that they are quality lights, imo. Been running them for over a year now.

One reason they melt is frim water splashes and it dont take much.

Its the heat and water combo that frys them, imo.

A friend made the mistake of turning them on on a wood couter top. It immediatly burned a 16 hole pattern in the counter.
He walked out of the room, came back, and the counter was smoking.

I did something similar and turned one on as it was sitting on my leg.
Mistake! It burnt a 16 hole pattern in my shorts and left a 16 dot pattern on my leg, Ouch!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Joe31415

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not an expert but you were definitely overdriving four of the channels so I’m not surprised the lens melted.
Even if that's true, it's not on the end users to know how high they can be set. If there directions don't mention a maximum and the apps lets you turn them up too high without any type of warning, how are we supposed to know?

IMO, that's like your mechanic telling you your car keeps breaking because you're not supposed to go over 60mph.

If there's a maximum it can be set to before it starts damaging itself, it needs to be either better documented or the app needs to warn you.

I wonder how much of a problem (regarding how the light covers the tank) it would be if there was a spacer between the lens and lights. Just an extra few mms to them a fighting chance.

Actually, better yet, I wonder if I could find a way to [externally] mount a small noctua fan such that it moves air over the lens to help keep it cool. Maybe?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

90's reefer

Fight the Good Fight
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have diffusers on my xr15's and you would ne sirprised at how dirty tjey get in a 1 month period. All salt spots.

If you ran shades like I do you could add a diffuser to the 16's.
I am thinking about it as we speak.
Just cleaned all 7 and wow lots of salt.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Diaper
Back