Adding traces.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv been dosing all for reef for over a year now, my tank doing good for the most part, however stuff can definitely be improved. I dose all for reef 40ml/day. On a doser.

My last icp test showed lack of trace elements. I have tropic marin A and K. And i was wondering how much i should be dosing? Its really confusing to tell u the truth. I know adding both everyday + afr and the recommended will be way too much.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked. What’s lacking? Only thing I see not in green is phosphate.
Instead of changing your dosing I’d do a big water change to reset. Then back to AFR as it’s supposed to have all the traces in it.
What kind of improvements you looking for? Pics?
Well if u go to the dosing page, u can see im lacking manganese, iron, potassium, etc

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All for reef does not contain potassium, so consider the salifert potassium test and brightwells potassium supplement or similar. Do you have a refugium by any chance?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For folks looking to add trace elements, I think Tropic Marin A and K is a fine one to experiment with. If you are already using AFR, then maybe start at half the normal A and K dose.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For folks looking to add trace elements, I think Tropic Marin A and K is a fine one to experiment with. If you are already using AFR, then maybe start at half the normal A and K
Good evening randy.

For tropic marin K it says Add 1 ml of trace elements (each solution) to each 100 l of aquarium water daily
do i add daily? half of that for my tank or weekly?

for tropic marin a its Add 1 ml trace elements of each solution per 100 l / 25 US-Gal . Not sure how much to dose. weekly daily. etc

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening randy.

For tropic marin K it says Add 1 ml of trace elements (each solution) to each 100 l of aquarium water daily
do i add daily? half of that for my tank or weekly?

for tropic marin a its Add 1 ml trace elements of each solution per 100 l / 25 US-Gal . Not sure how much to dose. weekly daily. etc

I’d start by adding 0.5 mL per 25 gallons per day for a week and look for any changes.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back