Acropora Hardiness Ranking

jediserena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef has been running for 8 months now - we've got LPS, softies, BTA, derasa clam and a few plating montiporas.

My goal was to wait until the one year mark to try acros, so ahead of that, I wanted to run my selection by some experienced people to see which you would recommend first, second, how long you would wait in between purchasing the next - and really any other tips you have to offer!

My current guess of best order would be:

1. Fire Dragon Acropora Carduus
2. Oregon Tort Acropora
3. Walt Disney Tenuis

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to acros (16 months in) but I'm not sure about any of those being hardy tester acros.
Garf bonzai and miyagi tort have been my best growers. My Oregon tort stagnated for a year then stn. I have quite a few others now but lost some early on. But let's see what the acro folks have to say.

MissMolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to acros (16 months in) but I'm not sure about any of those being hardy tester acros.
Garf bonzai and miyagi tort have been my best growers. My Oregon tort stagnated for a year then stn. I have quite a few others now but lost some early on. But let's see what the acro folks have to say.
I can’t find the thread now but it’s LONG. I have just researched your question myself since I was getting into acro myself and wanted some Hardy species to begin with. I have talked to people in here and also vendors.

This is what I was told to start out with:

Green Slimer
PC Rainbow
Oregon Tort
Miyagi Tort
Yellow tip AusterA
Frogskin
Garf bonsai
Tricolor valida
Red planet
Walt Disney

I chose to start w PC Rainbow, frog skin and austera and they are all doing fine. The rainbow seems to be the happiest and really one of those that all people tell you to get after the slimer. Sis not get the slimer since I don’t like the slime soo :)

Also @tunamelt has done a little count on a thread on how many people recommended certain acros in the thread

Attachments

• IMG_1378.png
    IMG_1378.png
    195.4 KB · Views: 10

MissMolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My list above is not ranked although green slimmer should definitely be the hardiest of all. I think it also comes down to your tank and its specifics. Eg PC rainbow can do really well in low light.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back