OP
Formulator

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s easy for us to think of this hobby as keeping water and to some extent it is but it goes well beyond the chemistry of the system to the commensal relationships between microorganisms and macroorganisms and what you can’t see on the macro scale is the die off of bacteria or bursting of the osmotic pressure affecting a cell’s shape or oxidoreduction halting in response to a large ph or alkalinity swing. So instead of a single bad event they then have to deal with going back and forth and negative side effects from both. In the micro scale this is quite monumental.
Excellent points. You’d think I would recognize those things considering it has literally been my job in the past to develop formulations that combat those stressors you mentioned in live cellular suspensions for CAR-T cancer therapy. Tunnel vision is a real problem :grinning-face-with-sweat:

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Excellent points. You’d think I would recognize those things considering it has literally been my job in the past to develop formulations that combat those stressors you mentioned in live cellular suspensions for CAR-T cancer therapy. Tunnel vision is a real problem :grinning-face-with-sweat:
I am a scientist myself and sometimes I seriously question my abilities as it pertains to my ability to keep coral alive. I will say this, the moment I stopped listening to conventional anecdotal advice and started thinking about the ecosystem as a functional biological microcosm all of a sudden everything started surviving and eventually thrived.

Naekuh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RTN like others say.

Reason why i gave up on SPS.
They do well for months, and then they decide to reward you as a thank you by turning into a desktop counter piece in a matter of hours.

Charles Zinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked your trace elements? Could be affected by coral chemical warfare or big change in important ratios of trace elements along with the other changes you mentioned.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stability brother thats what wins the acro world. Most likely caused from your actions.
I tell everyone to get a plan and stick to it.
Your plan must include what to do in the event of said issues.
Start with a paper log book so you have a running reference of your system.

If you or anyone wants to have a system like my old 120 I can help but will only do it through pm.

I get life gets in the way but this is not a hobby that you can just put an acro system together and hope it works. You have to work at it to be successful.
I wish you and all the rest of the struggling reefers reefing success.
Anyone can have a system like this with a plan and follow through.
Its not that hard!
20211231_145633.jpg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back