Acclimating Acros

Vanilla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting my first shipment of acro frags tomorrow. How do you typically acclimate them to your tank?

I have a frag rack placed about midway down the glass getting decent flow. Was planning on sitting them there for a few weeks just to see how they do then glue them down.

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say to acclimate to lighting unless you know the lights and par they were previously under and can replicate. If you jump the light to so it can bleach the acro. I also say medium flow for most because they get used to flow as well.

PotatoPig

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start with low flow and low light.

Low = 70ish PAR unless you have confirmation from the seller the corals were acclimated to higher PAR.

OP
OP
V

Vanilla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say to acclimate to lighting unless you know the lights and par they were previously under and can replicate. If you jump the light to so it can bleach the acro. I also say medium flow for most because they get used to flow as well.
Ok thanks for the info. Most of the acros I picked up previously were doing well, just had one that is having tissue loss, not sure if its because of too much flow. Polyps were extended which was weird so im wondering if it was just getting blasted by flow or maybe an infection. Getting around 1400gph in a 35g

Hoping for the best with these new frags!

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't dip acros. They are already stressed from shipping. WWC recommends not dipping also. I just drop them in to their required par spot and pray. Never had an issue.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back