Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red sea rsk-900 with a stand so I can open it up to pull more through co2 scrubber and it helps when I put new filter floss in or change the water.
It is a good skimmer, but if I could do ot again I would probably buy a dc pump. Maybe the royal with the red dragon pump
Thank you!

Jonty

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a new A100 Abyzz return pump. I am very surprised how noisy this pump is. I can hear it vibrating and rattling in the return chamber as well. I did plumb an inlet screen and switched from silicone tubing to braided vinyl. But I do not think that would cause the issue.

their is a signed certificate in the box that says pump was inspected and not noisy and does not vibrate. I read the instructions that talk about a run in period for the bearings. I am hoping the pump gets quieter. It has been running at 64% for 3 days with no change in noise level.

maybe I need to buy a rubber maid or oxe matt to help dampen the loud noise.

I am surprised that this pump is far louder than My ecotech vectra, hydor, and sicce ac pumps. This is the loudest pump I owned, but it is marketed as near silent and known in the industry as the best pump and quietest pump. Maybe I should have got the A200 or a red dragon.

hopefully others have experienced this and the pump does get quieter after a couple weeks.

I am curious as to others experience with this pump
I have just installed a new A100 and the noise is terrible did you ever resolve this?

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Cjeippert

Cjeippert

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just installed a new A100 and the noise is terrible did you ever resolve this?
I installed a silicone return line and oxo matt underneath which helped. It does get quieter overtime. However everytime I clean it, it has to re break in a little

Brian-222

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed a silicone return line and oxo matt underneath which helped. It does get quieter overtime. However everytime I clean it, it has to re break in a little
Thank you for your original advice from a while back when I was trying to buy my equipment. I ended up going with Royal Exclusive and couldn't be happier. It's extremely quiet. What would you recommend my setting be for the Red dragon 3 speedy 100w 3100 gph for a 150 gallon tank and 39 gallon sump? I've been trying for days to dial in the flow and not sure if it's correct.

Jonty

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had mine replaced yesterday and new one is dead silent, BRS is the best for quick service!

Corals.com
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back