Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a new A100 Abyzz return pump. I am very surprised how noisy this pump is. I can hear it vibrating and rattling in the return chamber as well. I did plumb an inlet screen and switched from silicone tubing to braided vinyl. But I do not think that would cause the issue.

their is a signed certificate in the box that says pump was inspected and not noisy and does not vibrate. I read the instructions that talk about a run in period for the bearings. I am hoping the pump gets quieter. It has been running at 64% for 3 days with no change in noise level.

maybe I need to buy a rubber maid or oxe matt to help dampen the loud noise.

I am surprised that this pump is far louder than My ecotech vectra, hydor, and sicce ac pumps. This is the loudest pump I owned, but it is marketed as near silent and known in the industry as the best pump and quietest pump. Maybe I should have got the A200 or a red dragon.

hopefully others have experienced this and the pump does get quieter after a couple weeks.

I am curious as to others experience with this pump

Top Shelf Aquatics

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have the a200, which is absolutely silent out of the box, Infact I have two.

Its straight onto the glass bottom on It’s own rubber feet, and I also have a short length of flexible tubing to avoid any noise from vibration on the pipe work

I have a small length of pipe on the inlet, as I seem to remember reading that it performs better if there is a straight length of pipe running into it so you could try that.

You could also take it to pieces and reseat everything, it only takes a few minutes and see if that solves the noise issue

Freddie @GoVols has the a100 I think

2D684093-6E2B-494F-9EC8-41ADD1353108.jpeg
97367BFB-68CF-47AD-9138-FB6CBCC30F53.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cjeippert

Cjeippert

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have the a200, which is absolutely silent out of the box, Infact I have two.

Its straight onto the glass bottom on It’s own rubber feet, and I also have a short length of flexible tubing to avoid any noise from vibration on the pipe work

I have a small length of pipe on the inlet, as I seem to remember reading that it performs better if there is a straight length of pipe running into it so you could try that.

You could also take it to pieces and reseat everything, it only takes a few minutes and see if that solves the noise issue

View attachment 2474460View attachment 2474461
Curious, what % do you run yours? I am at 64% in order to reach my target gph through my UV. I do notice when I turn it down to 20ish % when I feed it gets substantially quieter.

Nutramar Foods

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, what % do you run yours? I am at 64% in order to reach my target gph through my UV. I do notice when I turn it down to 20ish % when I feed it gets substantially quieter.
86%

If you look at the power graph which I did when I set the system up, anything above 86% or thereabouts doesn’t actually provide much extra power so I didn’t see the point in running it at 100% and maybe incurring extra wear on it

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cjeippert

Cjeippert

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
86%

If you look at the power graph which I did when I set the system up, anything above 86% or thereabouts doesn’t actually provide much extra power so I didn’t see the point in running it at 100% and maybe incurring extra wear on it
Ok, thanks. So you are running yours on the higher side as well. I will probably break it down, take a quick inspection, and tighten it all back up. Maybe let it run without the inlet screen.

Side note: I like how the A200 has bolts holding the front on. The A100 you just twist on and off and it has thin plastic bayonet clip. Perhaps the gasket is slightly seated improperly. I had other pumps where the circle gasket would twist up a bit.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks, Shaun

My A100 is dead silent, runs at 57%

@Cjeippert

Plumbing found in the below link

Piece of advise:

If you need a ticket from Coralvue, get Abyzz Germany in the mix right away.

[email protected]

His name is Sascha

It took CoralVue just over three months to send my A100 back with a new driver.

Good luck!

Last edited:
BRS

Greg P

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you figure it out I'd go back to the silicon tubing over the braided vinyl.
Anything braided will transfer sound/vibrations vs quality silicon tubing.
And if needed, Lifeguard Aquamesh is great for killing vibrations. Been using the green for over 10 years under all my pumps.

Avast

Brian-222

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Shaun

My A100 is dead silent, runs at 57%

@Cjeippert

Plumbing found in the below link

Piece of advise:

If you need a ticket from Coralvue, get Abyzz Germany in the mix right away.

[email protected]

His name is Sascha

It took CoralVue just over three months to send my A100 back with a new driver.

Good luck!
What size aquarium are you running?

OP
OP
Cjeippert

Cjeippert

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Display is 140 gallons with 35 in sump. I run the A100 now at 66%. Bearings started to wear in and much quieter. But not near silent. I put silicone tubing on which helped. But the pump does have a vibration to it that you can see the return line shimmy back and forth. I do love this pump. So small yet very powerful. I love how it tells you the watts it is running at and when they creep up you know it is time to clean.

Nutramar Foods

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you figure it out I'd go back to the silicon tubing over the braided vinyl.
Anything braided will transfer sound/vibrations vs quality silicon tubing.
And if needed, Lifeguard Aquamesh is great for killing vibrations. Been using the green for over 10 years under all my pumps.
Appreciate the tip. That’s probably why my Sicce SDC 9 is a lot louder than I’d like.

Brian-222

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Display is 140 gallons with 35 in sump. I run the A100 now at 66%. Bearings started to wear in and much quieter. But not near silent. I put silicone tubing on which helped. But the pump does have a vibration to it that you can see the return line shimmy back and forth. I do love this pump. So small yet very powerful. I love how it tells you the watts it is running at and when they creep up you know it is time to clean.
Thanks for the information, I bought a 150 gallon tank and 44 gallon sump. Trying to figure out what pump to run with all the bad reviews about pumps out there.

OP
OP
Cjeippert

Cjeippert

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the information, I bought a 150 gallon tank and 44 gallon sump. Trying to figure out what pump to run with all the bad reviews about pumps out there.
The a100 or a200 would work. I got my a100 going through a big pentair 50 w high output and some bends. A100 seems more powerful than my ecotech M2 which runs hotter, freezes up, and I currently have a snapped impeller rod. I am so happy I made the switch to abyzz 10 year warranted pump. I sleep much better at night. The A200 has a bolt on front and better stand than a100. A100 has a plastic clip that you twist pump face off the body. For this reason I like a200 more, but for the price I went with A100 which works great for me. I am amazed at how small and compact this A100 is. Yet it is solid, heavy, powerful, dc cheap to run, easily adjustable without pain n butt mobius software.

they do go on sale around black friday, but they sell out quick. And you likely do not want to wait 7 months but when you are paying that kind off money for a pump…

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s running my Red Sea S-400 / 110 Gallon

The Red Sea Sicce (rated at 1,800ph) return ran wide open.

The A100 stays at 57% and holds it’s pump heat at 80 degrees F.

outhouse

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But not near silent.
That pump should be dead silent, and zero vibration.

I have a 120$ jebao dcp 10000 plumbed with PVC in my basement that is dead silent with zero vibration. its been running 6 years at 45 watts.

You have one of the best pumps made, and its danged expensive, id follow GoVols advise and get in contact with someone, yours should be smooth as silk

Brian-222

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, what protein skimmer are you running? I'm still in the process of setting up my reef tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Cjeippert

Cjeippert

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, what protein skimmer are you running? I'm still in the process of setting up my reef tank.
Red sea rsk-900 with a stand so I can open it up to pull more through co2 scrubber and it helps when I put new filter floss in or change the water.
It is a good skimmer, but if I could do ot again I would probably buy a dc pump. Maybe the royal with the red dragon pump

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back