A8SE Reef Light (very nice light with unbeatable price)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

VDC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone else’s lights no longer show the green dot on the main page after the last update?

Attachments

• IMG_1396.png
    IMG_1396.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 51

Shooter6

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone else’s lights no longer show the green dot on the main page after the last update?
I had that happen but they stayed on schedule. Any reason you didn't group them?

VDC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I had that happen but they stayed on schedule. Any reason you didn't group them?
I’m going to, just set them up and was plying with the setting.

they do work perfectly, I think better after the update.

VDC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Does this light come with the x bracket? If not, do you also sell bracket and mounting arm or the hanging kit?
Mine only had the light, no brackets. I don’t know what package comes with this sellers.

Land&Sea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
we are happy to announce we are carrying A8 Reef Light It is a very nice light that's an affordable price
we use this light for our facility
图片_20240731204227.jpg

图片_20240731204233.jpg

图片_20240731204241.jpg

Specification
Dimension: 11.8" x 7" x 1.4" / 30 x 18 x 3.5 cm
Weight: 3.0 Ibs / 1.4 kg
Power Input: 110-240V AC, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption: 215W (MAX)

What's Included
• A8se LED Light
• Power Supply
• Power Adapter Cable
• Bracket (Optional)
• Quick Start Guide

FAQ
• What’s the difference of A8 and A8se?

A8 is with CREE LED beads. A8se is with Chinese Brand LED beads.

• How many do I need for my aquarium?
A8se has a coverage area of up to 36" x 36", but the recommended spread is 24" x 24". Multiple modules can be used and are recommended to cover larger tanks.

• Does the App has English version?
Yes, you'll have the option to switch between the Chinese and English languages.

• Can I use the light in the US/Europe?
The product can work with input voltages between 100 and 240V AC. It can be used in most countries. Meanwhile, we provide different standard plug adapters, including US, EU, UK, AU, JP, etc.

• What is the lifespan of the light?
Our lights have a normal life expectancy of 50,000 hours, about 5-7 years for most customers. There are many factors that can reduce the life expectancy of the light such as the environment (humidity, moisture, salt creep, and temperature) as well as the maintenance of the light. Regular cleaning and maintenance of the light are important and if not performed, it may affect the longevity of the light.

• How long is the warranty?
A8se comes with a one-year warranty. The warranty is non-transferable and only applies to the original owner of the light. If the product develops a covered defect within the one-year warranty period, we will either repair or replace the product without charge, provided that the product is returned during the warranty period.

Power: 200 W
Width: 30cm
Fixure: Clip-On
Type: fish
Origin: Mainland China
Model: A8se
Dimension: 11.8" x 7" x 1.4" / 30 x 18 x 3.5 cm
Weight: 3.0 Ibs / 1.4 kg
Power Input :110-240V AC, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption: 215W (MAX)
Body Material: ABS plastic
Number of LED beads: 100 pcs
Control: Wi-Fi App
Control Channels: 6
Sunrise/Sunset: Available
Coverage: 60-80 cm

What Makes the Smart A8SE Reef Light Unique for Reef Aquariums?
The smart A8se stands out with its advanced spectrum technology, meticulously designed to mimic natural sunlight, stimulating photosynthesis in corals and promoting healthy growth. A8se light precise color temperature adjustments ensure a vivid display of colors in your reef tank, enhancing the visual appeal dramatically.

Can the Smart A8SE Be Integrated into Existing Aquarium Systems?
Yes, compatibility is a key feature of the smart A8se reef light. It’s designed to fit standard aquarium setups with adjustable mounting brackets. Whether upgrading from an older system or integrating into a new setup, its versatile design ensures a seamless addition to any aquarium configuration.
Universal Fit: Adapts to various tank sizes with flexible mounting options.
Seamless Integration: Works harmoniously with other aquarium equipment.

What Are the Long-Term Benefits of Using the Smart A8SE Reef Light?
Investing in the A8se light offers long-term advantages such as sustained coral health, reduced energy costs, and enhanced aesthetic appeal. Its durable construction promises longevity, while the ability to fine-tune lighting conditions encourages coral resilience against environmental stressors, ensuring a thriving reef ecosystem for years to come.
Sustained Health: Supports coral resilience and disease resistance.
Energy Savings: LED efficiency lowers electricity bills over time.
Aesthetic Appeal: Continuously vibrant aquarium display.
In conclusion, the smart A8se reef light is more than just an illumination device; it's a comprehensive tool that transforms your aquarium into a dazzling underwater paradise. By addressing the specific needs of coral reefs, it ensures not only visual splendor but also a thriving ecosystem that brings nature's wonders into your home. Experience the future of reef keeping with the smart A8se today.

So, are these basically knockoffs of the Radions? And, if so, how do the 2 compare? I ask because I’m using a radion xr30 G6 blue on my 60 nano tank now. But am upgrading soon to a larger tank where 2 more radions (or other similar lights) would be needed, but Im still deciding if there’s something more cost effective out there that even compares to the radion. I already have 1 kessil a360x that’s basically new. So I may just run a couple of those on each side of the radion with reefbrites or orphek bars as supplementals. But again, if these lights come close to how good the radions are, for the price it would be an absolute no brainer. Though, I wouldn’t want the A8se w the Chinese leds…I’d want the CREE ones. Anyway, can you compare this light to the newest radions? Or are the radios completely superior in every way?

Thanks for any help on this subject that you can provide!!

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
So, are these basically knockoffs of the Radions? And, if so, how do the 2 compare? I ask because I’m using a radion xr30 G6 blue on my 60 nano tank now. But am upgrading soon to a larger tank where 2 more radions (or other similar lights) would be needed, but Im still deciding if there’s something more cost effective out there that even compares to the radion. I already have 1 kessil a360x that’s basically new. So I may just run a couple of those on each side of the radion with reefbrites or orphek bars as supplementals. But again, if these lights come close to how good the radions are, for the price it would be an absolute no brainer. Though, I wouldn’t want the A8se w the Chinese leds…I’d want the CREE ones. Anyway, can you compare this light to the newest radions? Or are the radios completely superior in every way?

Here's two threads that will answer every question you may have -

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score

Spectrum wise it did not blend with my G6 blue 100%, more like the Pro instead. You will have to make adjustment to the A8se to achieve a similar result. Par wise seems like it's higher par than my G6. Probably because of lower spread... not sure.

Best approach would be selling the G6 and go full A8se.

OP
OP
Joker Corals

Joker Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
a8se is actually exactly the same as the Radion G5 Pro.
they do have a8 pro that's the same as radion G6
we grow all corals under a8se lights in our warehouse.
so far the result is about the same as radion, no difference with the par on both light

OP
OP
Joker Corals

Joker Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Does this light come with the x bracket? If not, do you also sell bracket and mounting arm or the hanging kit?
lights only at the moment. we are working with the supplier. We should bring in some mounting and hanging kit for the next shipment.

hatred_inc.

View Badges
Reaction score
do you have any step-by-step configuration process? I cannot make it work with my wifi, I followed all tips on this thread without luck.
Are you selling the A8s PRO, by any chance? I use 3 of them over my 120, but would like to add (buy) a couple more for my frag system.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back