A Gyre pump your budget can get along with? YES, PLEASE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

enthejungle

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a mixed 60 cube with the Profilux 4 on the way. This might be an answer to a new powerhead without having to buy a supplement connection.

I've heard great things about the water movement but the durability is somewhat of a concern.

I guess I do some more research and decide whether or not to pull the trigger.

Sahin

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the flow thats provided by pumps with this design...but the Maxspect quality issues has prevented me from investing in a couple of these for my tank. The Icecap is hopefully much better in the quality of parts aspect.

Salt Kreep

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unboxed mine last night but got home too late to install the 3K. My tank inhabitants will have to bear one last night of my 8 year old Vortech grinding away its bearings.

Out of the box the pump felt like something produced by one of the higher end mfg's, build quality similar to a tunze or vortech pump. Thick cables between pump and controller. Stay tuned.

jaws789832

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the ice cap battery backup for the gyre work with this pump

Under investigation :)[/QUOTE]Was there ever an outcome on this. I would like to use this as a stand alone pump hooked up to the icecap battery backup in case of a power failure

Salt Kreep

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the 3K into my tank (55 gal, I know, but it's there for a reason...) and yeah, this pump moves water ...ALOT.

It is a significantly noticeable improvement in terms of water movement around the entire tank.
I have it oriented vertically so it creates a true gyre. It won't fit in a 55 Gal with both sides horizontally, unless it's tilted.

It is a different flow pattern entirely from a Vortech. It's noticeably more quiet then an MP40. Now my skimmer is the loudest component in the room. These are my own observations, that's all....I don't want to turn this into a Vortech vs. Gyre thread.

DeepBrew

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the 3K into my tank (55 gal, I know, but it's there for a reason...) and yeah, this pump moves water ...ALOT.

It is a significantly noticeable improvement in terms of water movement around the entire tank.
I have it oriented vertically so it creates a true gyre. It won't fit in a 55 Gal with both sides horizontally, unless it's tilted.

It is a different flow pattern entirely from a Vortech. It's noticeably more quiet then an MP40. Now my skimmer is the loudest component in the room. These are my own observations, that's all....I don't want to turn this into a Vortech vs. Gyre thread.

That's good to hear. I have one on the way. I got it for a 40B but I think I'm going to try it in my 75 and see how it does.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Big Sale !! UP To 50% OFF !! On Fish Antibiotics
Back