Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've yet to decide on a return pump or my IN-TANK circulation.
I'm leaning towards an Icecap Gyre mounted vertically in the back corner opposite the cornerflow and one MP10 mounted in a location to be determined after aquascaping. I have both items in my Amazon cart at the moment.
You guys are the cube pros who know the challenges of getting proper flow in a cube.

I was thinking of putting a SCWD right before the Y at the end of the return. I used an SCWD in my 110g years ago and loved it.
Any suggestions for a good return pump? I hear DC is the way to go - in that getting a really beefy one and running it at low power increases longevity and reduces heat and vibration.
20170726_170133.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

DSmithZ28

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the icecap gyre on my cube and really like the gyre. It's not as loud as others have reported but you can hear it over 50% power.

I just bought the jebao duct-12000 and it is really loud. It replaced my dc-6000 that I got used and was making a lot of noise even after cleaning. I am going to return the dct-12000 and get the D.C.-12000 as they seem to be quieter even though they are the older model.

OP
OP
SoupySteve

SoupySteve

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the icecap gyre on my cube and really like the gyre. It's not as loud as others have reported but you can hear it over 50% power.

I just bought the jebao duct-12000 and it is really loud. It replaced my dc-6000 that I got used and was making a lot of noise even after cleaning. I am going to return the dct-12000 and get the D.C.-12000 as they seem to be quieter even though they are the older model.
Did you mount your icecap vertically?

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

World Wide Corals
Back