90 Gallon Fish Stocking List

pocketsand

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I wanted to get some confirmation or collect opposing opinions on my current/future 90 gallon DT (30 gallon sump) reef. I currently have the following and all is healthy into about month 5 of this tank. I am getting back into the hobby after about 10 years absent but have had tanks from 30 to 180 in that past. I think I have a good list but want to double check on total bioload with you all. I filter pretty hard, skimmate is funky like it should be, and I have a algae reactor which I am still dialing in but I think it will be a good tool as well (re bioload totals).

List so far:

4-5'' White Tail Bristletooth Tang
Pintail Fairy Wrasse
Salon Fairy Wrasse
Royal Gramma
3'' Foxface
Fuji Goby (that's what is was sold to me as, I think it is a Tangaroa Goby)
Yellow Clown Goby

I would like to add a pair of clowns in the near future and a mandarin once my pod population is further established. I have considered adding a flasher wrasse and maybe one or two other small fish (green clown, etc). I am admittedly on the fence on the clown pair just because of the level of jerk they are, if i get them it would be small percs.

Just looking for thoughts as it has been a while.

Thanks!

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I wanted to get some confirmation or collect opposing opinions on my current/future 90 gallon DT (30 gallon sump) reef. I currently have the following and all is healthy into about month 5 of this tank. I am getting back into the hobby after about 10 years absent but have had tanks from 30 to 180 in that past. I think I have a good list but want to double check on total bioload with you all. I filter pretty hard, skimmate is funky like it should be, and I have a algae reactor which I am still dialing in but I think it will be a good tool as well (re bioload totals).

List so far:

4-5'' White Tail Bristletooth Tang
Pintail Fairy Wrasse
Salon Fairy Wrasse
Royal Gramma
3'' Foxface
Fuji Goby (that's what is was sold to me as, I think it is a Tangaroa Goby)
Yellow Clown Goby

I would like to add a pair of clowns in the near future and a mandarin once my pod population is further established. I have considered adding a flasher wrasse and maybe one or two other small fish (green clown, etc). I am admittedly on the fence on the clown pair just because of the level of jerk they are, if i get them it would be small percs.

Just looking for thoughts as it has been a while.

Thanks!
As for your current list I think its good.

I think with current stock and future stock Id opt to get either pair of clowns and mandarin or just flasher wrasse and mandarin.

Is that just a common foxface?

OP
OP
P

pocketsand

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for your current list I think its good.

I think with current stock and future stock Id opt to get either pair of clowns and mandarin or just flasher wrasse and mandarin.

Is that just a common foxface?
Bicolor, so it’ll still be a pretty big fish

OP
OP
P

pocketsand

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts on a pair of clowns plus a dwarf angel (and maybe a mandarin later)? Not pushing it too far? I think it’s about max but would be ok.

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No to the Foxface. They need swimming room that a standard 90g won't give it.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back