Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEY, everybody. So i ordered my glasscage tank about a month ago. While waiting i built my stand and return set-up.

Here is a picture of my stand and the triger system 36 sump. I am going with two varios 2 return pumps I plumbed them both to the manifold with two gate valves so i can run the tank on one pump if i ever have to. Let me know what yall think so far.

20200621_100348.jpg

Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Rstanphill

Rstanphill

NE-Texasreefkeeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice following along,what size tank?
Thanks. Its going to be a 90 gallon. I have a 75 currently and wanted it to be an easy swap. .and the reason I kept it 4 foot lol I already have most the stuff I need as far as lights and equipment.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Rstanphill

Rstanphill

NE-Texasreefkeeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I was able to do a little trim work. Still have to figure a plan for the door. Either removable panel or a curtain and rod type deal.

I'm also adding a riser and additional valve to the return pumps, then ill have just a short section of tubing connecting the pumps to the manifold

20200621_185828.jpg

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Rstanphill

Rstanphill

NE-Texasreefkeeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm still playing with the lower half plumbing. I added two gate valves so i could shut flow off to the pump in the event of a failure and needing to run the system off one pump.

20200703_195606.jpg

BRS
OP
OP
Rstanphill

Rstanphill

NE-Texasreefkeeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to Rona and life in general. I have not posted many updates. But this past weekend a friend a myself made the swap. I would like to say a special thanks to Joe at www.glasscages.com. to say they went above and beyond would be an understatement, My friend works on tanks for a living and he kept going on about how solid this tank is built. I still have some wiring and finishing touches to add, but overall I'm in love with it, more pictures to come. Stay tuned lol

Top Shelf Aquatics
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back