Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant find ANYWHERE an okay looking wooden stand for my 125, everyone says make your own but my family wont let me, I found a couple people who make them but are not doing that at the moment, is it a good idea to just buy two 75 gallon stands(each are 4 feet long and my 125 is 6 feet long) place them next to each other and place the 125 on top? Is it a bad idea?

Top Shelf Aquatics

fishski13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this would be a good idea as you would need to make sure both of the stands are identical in height so the tank is not slanted and a portion of it is not making contact with the actual base of the stand.

Have you checked with lfs. Usually they can order stands and have a bigger selection than we can see.

OP
OP
M

Makubex

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this would be a good idea as you would need to make sure both of the stands are identical in height so the tank is not slanted and a portion of it is not making contact with the actual base of the stand.

Have you checked with lfs. Usually they can order stands and have a bigger selection than we can see.
Both stands are same height

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Willhersh34

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the answer is it depends. In my experience most prefab stands are simply 1/2” or 3/4“ MDF matched to the exact size of the tank they’re rated for so that the corners and edges of the MDF bear the load of the tank + water and contents. There is very little support beyond the MDF itself. Now, if you happen to have stands with support - I.e. cross bracing and corner supports you might be fine. The concern is that assuming a normal 125 you’re talking 1500+ pounds. Additionally you face the challenge of leveling everything. An unlevel tank is nightmare and from my point of view those are the 2 biggest challenges and considerations you need to make.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Ultimate Corals
Back