75 g stocking list

mickeyotech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I’m ready to slowly start stocking my 75 gallon (48x18x24) in a couple weeks and am trying to put my stocking list and order together. Is everybody compatible? Will this be overstocking? I’ve got a 20 gallon sump and am starting a refugium with it.
  • 2 Springeri damsels
  • Firefish
  • Green clown goby
  • Starry blenny
  • Royal flasher wrasse
  • Yellow Coris wrasse
  • Orange diamond goby
  • Yellow watchman goby + shrimp pair
  • Long nose hawkish
  • Orchid dottyback
  • Flame angelfish
  • 2 clownfish

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either choose the yellow watchmen goby or the orange diamond goby, they both will pair with the shrimp and possibly fight over the shrimp. Otherwise the list looks good to me.

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also add that you will want to add some of the peaceful fish first like the firefish and aggressive like the dottyback and clowns last. Maybe slowly grow to the 12 fish to allow filtration to adjust.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either choose the yellow watchmen goby or the orange diamond goby, they both will pair with the shrimp and possibly fight over the shrimp. Otherwise the list looks good to me.
The Orange Diamond Goby won’t pair with shrimp - They are a Valenciennea species :)

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Orange Diamond Goby won’t pair with shrimp - They are a Valenciennea species :)
Maybe Im thinking of a different goby then? Lol thanks for the info though!

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not this goby? This is what I thought they were talking about

Attachments

• IMG_6147.png
    IMG_6147.png
    540.8 KB · Views: 49

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I’m ready to slowly start stocking my 75 gallon (48x18x24) in a couple weeks and am trying to put my stocking list and order together. Is everybody compatible? Will this be overstocking? I’ve got a 20 gallon sump and am starting a refugium with it.
  • 2 Springeri damsels
  • Firefish
  • Green clown goby
  • Starry blenny
  • Royal flasher wrasse
  • Yellow Coris wrasse
  • Orange diamond goby
  • Yellow watchman goby + shrimp pair
  • Long nose hawkish
  • Orchid dottyback
  • Flame angelfish
  • 2 clownfish
Ditch the Damsels - they’re nasty and will not be good long term then when trying to remove them you’ll find they can’t be caught easily.
Hawkfish and Wrasses are a risk - pick one or the other. I’ve had several Hawks with wrasses and each time it’s ended horribly with the wrasses killed.
Flame angels aren’t the most reef safe species but generally are good with certain corals - angels in reefs are possible they’re just restrictive;
IMG_1847.jpeg

Any specific reason for the clowns? If not I would either ditch them or look for an unusual species that isn’t “nemo” :)

Other than that, why not a couple more wrasses?!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not this goby? This is what I thought they were talking about
This is why I do scientifics :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
That species does pair with shrimp but Valenciennea species or the “_____ ‘Watchman’ Gobies” (sometimes called sleeper gobies) don’t :)

OP
OP
mickeyotech

mickeyotech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditch the Damsels - they’re nasty and will not be good long term then when trying to remove them you’ll find they can’t be caught easily.
Hawkfish and Wrasses are a risk - pick one or the other. I’ve had several Hawks with wrasses and each time it’s ended horribly with the wrasses killed.
Flame angels aren’t the most reef safe species but generally are good with certain corals - angels in reefs are possible they’re just restrictive;
IMG_1847.jpeg

Any specific reason for the clowns? If not I would either ditch them or look for an unusual species that isn’t “nemo” :)

Other than that, why not a couple more wrasses?!
Thank you I will definitely keep all of this in mind moving forward!
I’ve heard that springeri’s were the exception to the “damsels are jerks” rule, the one my partner had is a model citizen and super peaceful. I’ll have to keep an eye out.
I’m mostly wanting softies and lps corals, lots of Zoas and euphylia I’m not sure if a flame will go after that or not :/
I really like the domino or black storm clowns! I just really like that clowns are more active and less likely to never be seen again once they go in the DT
Do you think I have room for more wrasses?? They’re pretty cool I forgot to add the possum wrasse to my list too

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I will definitely keep all of this in mind moving forward!
I’ve heard that springeri’s were the exception to the “damsels are jerks” rule, the one my partner had is a model citizen and super peaceful. I’ll have to keep an eye out.
I’m mostly wanting softies and lps corals, lots of Zoas and euphylia I’m not sure if a flame will go after that or not :/
I really like the domino or black storm clowns! I just really like that clowns are more active and less likely to never be seen again once they go in the DT
Do you think I have room for more wrasses?? They’re pretty cool I forgot to add the possum wrasse to my list too
I had 20 fish in my 4’ tank - 7-9 of them were wrasses :)
I now have over double that amount with 14-17 wrasses in this tank!
Blacked out is my plan for a pair of laboutei :)
IMG_1927.jpeg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back