Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great start Dustin....sounds like you and your Dad definitely have a hobby to share and enjoy. Looking forward to seeing pics of it as it progresses along.

Any pics of your dad's tanks?

His tank is still kinda in the planning stages. I will forward pic when we have them.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELL,

It seams like the boy has been busy lately. Just arrived back from a trip and my son seems to have spent a few $$. He seems to be quite the little reefer. Marvin, I will follow up with you tomorrow. I would like to thank those who have been so willing to help my son.

Dustin and my busy son Corbin

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELL,

It seams like the boy has been busy lately. Just arrived back from a trip and my son seems to have spent a few $$. He seems to be quite the little reefer. Marvin, I will follow up with you tomorrow. I would like to thank those who have been so willing to help my son.

Dustin and my busy son Corbin

:D

Corbin has been really good and very happy to have him here... there's a lot of very nice people here that are willing to help..

can't wait to see your projects next year when they're in full effect.. :)

btw, just fragged Corbin his freebie Sponge Bobs last night and they're open earlier before I left for work.. the others are looking very well also.. I will have to include some surprises for Corbin.. just let him know Santa has connections... ;)

OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOOO Boy!!! You said the magic word "Sponge Bob" I finished looking at the PM's he sent. Marvin, I will follow up with you tomorrow. I am picking him up from school today and we are going flying for a few hrs. Look forward to visiting. The project will start taking shape after the new year. I have just aquired 600lbs or lr and will start curing soon. I will probably let it cure for 6 months or so. I usually work on the stuff that costs the most money before the tank. Have a great day all!! Thanks for following my son and being so hospitable.

Dustin

OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have completed another water change this am. We were having a hard time moving the Ca up due to the Ca comsumption due to the cooked live rock. In two weeks it is starting to purple and green up. We seeded it by scraping snail and crab shells. Exciting. We will be out of town for a week or so Hope everyone has a great holiday. We look forward to seeing other contributions to corbin's zoa/paly collection when we return. God bless!!

Dustin and Corbin "boy wonder"

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
56 rimless occupants

here are the picasso's that have been in qt for a while and a small colony that we are looking for a name:

Attachments

• starysky.jpg
    starysky.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 129
  • piccasos003.jpg
    piccasos003.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 115
  • piccasos002.jpg
    piccasos002.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 121
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to check your filters... I'm getting less than 003ppm without the DI resin inline. I would think you should be getting better than 040ppm before going into the di resin. Just my $0.02.

absolutely coralnutz, you are just wasting DI resin if you have 40ppm going into the DI stage.

sounds like you need to change your pre-RO filters, or take a look at the RO membrane itself.

whats your tds reading from tap water?

Life Aquatic

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all first post, rimless tank...

If you can find ADA tanks they are awesome! Made in Japan (I think) and are rimless with all beveled edges. The clarity is AMAZING! I will post pictures asap. Anyone live in AZ and want a tank like this I have one I am not using. I started with a 5 but then wanted a bigger one for my picasso clowns that I FINALLY got from ORA. So I upgraded to a 18, love it.

Corals.com
OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dad and I just did a water change on the tank. We found babies on a few of our frags. Yea!! The clownfish are doing great also. Marvin is sending frags!! Spongbobs yea!!! Thanks Marvin. Dad and I will be home all day tomorrow

Corbin

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dad and I just did a water change on the tank. We found babies on a few of our frags. Yea!! The clownfish are doing great also. Marvin is sending frags!! Spongbobs yea!!! Thanks Marvin. Dad and I will be home all day tomorrow

Corbin

very nice.. they are going out tonight...

:)

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I get home for trip I will take some. Corbin has frags stacked all over the place. We are evaluating the t5 lighting system that he has on his tank. We have a 4 bulb tek on it now. We are going to change to an 8 bulb t5 lighting fixture. Hopefully it will allow us to use different K bulbs to increase growth and color. We have babies bunches of babies on most/all of our frags. So that must mean something to corbin's husbandry. He is a good little reefer. He has developed some life long skills in the past few months very proud. He continues to amaze me everyday!! TTFN!! By the way stuck in Vages for a few more days. Life is bad!

Dustin

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back