+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corbin and Dad's 56 cube:

My dad and I have been planning a cube for a few months. We recieved the tank a month back and have acquired some equipment also over the last months. It is a Low iron 24x24x25 rimless cube. We have had live rock cooking for over 14 months. We added t5's and tunze nano streams also. We will keep an ongoing update as we go. The cycle has started and we have completed tow water changes in the last week. We look forward to filling this with some zoa/paly's soon.

Corbin

Attachments

• tankstartup002.jpg
    tankstartup002.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 182
  • tankstartup008.jpg
    tankstartup008.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 222
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS
OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
56 cube

Here are a few more pic's of the start up. We are collecting a few paly's and zoa's to go in here. We are also adding picasso clownfish. These will be the only fish we add in this tank. We were going to add some others but we were afraid that they would be carpet fish!

Attachments

• tankstartup002.jpg
    tankstartup002.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 160
  • tankstartup012.jpg
    tankstartup012.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 230
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We use some flatter rock around the top to allow the frags to be mounted. We like the small cove which will allow us to place those frags that don't need as much light/flow to grow. We are very excited!!

Corbin

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad has a few gallons in the house. He enjoys them also. He said he wanted me to have a hobbie that we both could enjoy together. I didn't know that he spent soooo much money keeping it going and starting it up. I checked the water quality on the cube:

Salinity 1.024
pH with lights off 8. or so
KH 9.5
Ca 410
Mg is 1300
Not too worried about Po4 and No3 at the moment when the tank is cycling. The only thing that is going in the tank is bionic 2 part, and Amino acids That's it. I want to try to see if this will work. I dose as needed on 2part and twice a week of Amino acids. Seems pretty good for the first two weeks. He is not going to allow me a sump yet. He got me a HOB filter first to get the cycle going. I removed those Bio-wheels too!

Corbin

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad is planning a 4x4x25" cube for the living room. I can't wait to see this. And it is RIMLESS. It is one inch low iron glass. I bet that will be neat. I love the picasso clowns. We lost a pair due to poor choice of shipping dates during the hard snow and freeze. They stayed out on the airport for 20hrs. So we have another pair in the works. I was very upset at the shipper but they will cover the loss. Just the loss of some beautiful animals.

OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is adding a big sump with fuge combined. I think this is going to be just a zoa/paly/ric tank with lots of fishies. He has bought the lights for it Only t-5's We have a 180 that is sps. He wants a big tank for fish and zoa's/paly's
I am not sure where he got or is getting the tanks from.

I have taken the bio-wheels out of the HOB!!! I am going to do a 4th water change today.

corbin

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
LA
Back