Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also like @dedragon said orignally, look into better equipment, dont try and take shortcuts just so the tank will be running because last things you want is to dump hundreds if not thousands into livestock and they all die due to poor conditions

OP
OP
L0L_Z

L0L_Z

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, it’s hard. budgets, space and all that come into play. I wanted a sump but it’s just a hard time trying to navigate. Btw I wasn’t planning on using subpar stuff. The aqua one skimmer is seen as amazing as far as I can see online and the other stuff I’m using is fine. I think I’ll run just skimmer. I’ll try to shorten the list.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there’s chlorine in your tap water, which I’m sure there is, it will leech into your rock and sand, your tanks media will always be killing your coral and inverts all from the tap water, even one time. It’s not worth it.

Smith.Tyler

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, it’s hard. budgets, space and all that come into play. I wanted a sump but it’s just a hard time trying to navigate. Btw I wasn’t planning on using subpar stuff. The aqua one skimmer is seen as amazing as far as I can see online and the other stuff I’m using is fine. I think I’ll run just skimmer. I’ll try to shorten the list.
I get what you mean, what tank do you have. Also, there are horror stories about everything in reefing so I think you should keep and open mind when it comes to HOB Overflows, also the Tunze internal filters are a good suggestion too, like said previously.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
CLICK TO VIEW
AquaCave Logo Banner

A Young reefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also rodi is expensive for first fill.
save up for that, or buy ready made water from your lfs. using tap water for first fill will only cause you trouble, the rocks and sand will absorb the harmful metals and start leaching them back into the water.

Smith.Tyler

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyways what I’m trying to say is I’ll be happy with a lot of wrasses and a few bottom dwellers. Manual top offs. Maybe ato System. Not sure yet,
Are you planning on finishing that 15 gallon setup you posted about previously, I see you have posted about getting multiple sized tanks, if budget is tight why not go for the smaller tanks?

World Wide Corals

Smith.Tyler

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, it’s all for tha naoko wrasse. Also I was about to setup it anyways but the 50 gallon in my basement changed everything
Do you know what type of tank it is that you have, or can you send a picture of it?

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Visit Detroit Reef Club
Back