Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those little damsels aren't going to bother an eel. I keep damsels in almost all my tanks. Added later in the stocklist, and as juveniles, they really aren't that bad. And if you go with Pomacentrus, Chromis, and the smaller Chrysiptera vs Dascyllus, they are way more peaceful. Heck, I currently keep Chromis viridis, Acanthochromis polyacanthus,, Pomacentrus smithi, and Pomacentrus caeruleus in my 75 gallon with basslets, gobies, fairy wrasses, and firefish.

In a big tank with predators any of the Chrysiptera should thrive (maybe try a group of C. tapou), and I'd be tempted to try a small school of Dascyllus melanurus (especially with the other fish present to help force them to school). Maybe even add a few lemon damsels (Pomacentrus moluccensis) and a school of staghorn damsels (Amblyglyphidodon ternatensis). They are like green chromis but get bigger, tend to be a little hardier, and can handle a little more aggressive fish.
Well… I managed to go against all of the good advice that everyone in this thread gave me so far haha. My LFS guy and I have been doing business with each other for nearly 15 years. He’s more than fair with me and I get his guarantee with everything. If a fish I buy is too aggressive for my setup, he takes it back and reimburses. No questions asked. If a fish starts to get shredded, again he takes it back. He’s a good dude and I’m willing to experiment a little bit with his guarantee of things.
I walked out the door today with a mature chocolate chip starfish, Vtail grouper (4”), Niger trigger (4”), snowflake eel (probably about 12”).
These are jointing my spiny box puffer, clown trigger and Picasso trigger.

the remaining fish on my list(provided these all settle in nicely) are a one spot fox face rabbit fish, dwarf or fuzzy lion fish, Australian tusk fish, and a pair of clowns (either clarkii or tomato).

then when things start to outgrow the tank or things don’t work out, I simply bring them back and start the process over again.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Chasers Aquaculture
Back