20g sump on 112g display

reef’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up my next tank a few weeks back which is a 112 lagoon. Going bare bottom, but with rock displacement I’m guessing it’ll end up somewhere around 100 gallons maybe a little more. I have a trigger crystal cube which is a 20g sump would anyone run this setup? I was looking at getting a Fiji advanced sump but they’re recommended sump for a tank my size is only 4 gallons bigger

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I could snag a 40 breeder on the Petco sale and do the Fiji cube baffle kit
Check out jax racks instead, I have read of a handful of quality issues with Fiji acrylic products. I used one of his kits on my current build, feel free to give my build a look.

OP
OP
R

reef’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So unfortunately the 40 breeder doesn’t fit under my stand, thought didn’t even cross my mind until I went to buy the tank lol any other options? I guess I could build I stand but would prefer to stick with the aps if possible. Was looking into Fiji and they’re advanced 24 is what fits a tank my size but really don’t want to spend $400 on a sump

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
300g display; Oct3rd24.jpg

125g sump'

20240925_113102.jpg

Water Dilution is the Solution IMO@!!@

OP
OP
R

reef’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
300g display; Oct3rd24.jpg

125g sump'

20240925_113102.jpg

Water Dilution is the Solution IMO@!!@
of course I would like to have a room dedicated to my tanks filtration instead of a 3x3 square…. But I also need a closet, which is what’s behind my tank. Modular marine makes a nice 30” sump that’s the route I’ll go

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
of course I would like to have a room dedicated to my tanks filtration instead of a 3x3 square…. But I also need a closet, which is what’s behind my tank. Modular marine makes a nice 30” sump that’s the route I’ll go
I think I was trying to say to go as big as possible. Forget the premade sumps in my opinion. I think they are over priced and under functional. I have a Trigger 36" and an Eshopps 36inch sitting in my basement collecting dust. I gave away the Eshopps AF300 4th gen (The fuge area had no flow).

A very simple and proven design, is to run water thru a refugium, then thru a skimmer then return it to the display. I stole this picture from Triton Labs btw. They use it as part of their METHOD.

1728995613507.png

Any local glass/window shop is able to cut to order glass for you, using silicone to glue it in place is really simple. Tons of videos on Youtube about how to do that. I even learned how to cut glass and make my own baffles that way. What you spend on a pre-made you can build your own, twice as large if you want.

OP
OP
R

reef’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I was trying to say to go as big as possible. Forget the premade sumps in my opinion. I think they are over priced and under functional. I have a Trigger 36" and an Eshopps 36inch sitting in my basement collecting dust. I gave away the Eshopps AF300 4th gen (The fuge area had no flow).

A very simple and proven design, is to run water thru a refugium, then thru a skimmer then return it to the display. I stole this picture from Triton Labs btw. They use it as part of their METHOD.

1728995613507.png

Any local glass/window shop is able to cut to order glass for you, using silicone to glue it in place is really simple. Tons of videos on Youtube about how to do that. I even learned how to cut glass and make my own baffles that way. What you spend on a pre-made you can build your own, twice as large if you want.
Yeah I get you I wasn’t trying to sound harsh. I was think since my tank is a square that maybe trying to find a square shaped container and just doing a diy sump with that might be possible if I found something say 30x30 or something along those lines

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back