2020 Partner Membership is LIVE! Over $15,000 in Prizes! Reef Systems, Trident, Controller, LED Lighting and more..

BRS

What prize would you want to win most?

• One of the Reef Tank Systems

Votes: 727 32.7%
  • Neptune Trident & Controller Pack

Votes: 833 37.5%
  • One of the LED Lighting Systems

Votes: 212 9.5%
  • One of the Water Testing Devices

Votes: 72 3.2%
  • One of the Shopping Sprees

Votes: 354 15.9%
  • Other.....

Votes: 24 1.1%

• Total voters

TK_KW

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a new member and love it already. I just have to learn my way around the site. Thanks again
I couldnt agree more with the amount of knowledge and support on this forum. And let's not forget our fancy new lights we both just won ;)

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When is the drawing for the prizes, LOL!!! ;Hilarious Sorry, had to beat everyone else to it and ask, LOL!!!

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldnt agree more with the amount of knowledge and support on this forum. And let's not forget our fancy new lights we both just won ;)
Your right before i joined i have always gotten good information from R2R.
And Now that im a member i want to learn more and help others best i can to my knowledge. But im still learning. And i cant wait to try out the new hybrid lights. I have never used hybrid before.

TK_KW

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right before i joined i have always gotten good information from R2R.
And Now that im a member i want to learn more and help others best i can to my knowledge. But im still learning. And i cant wait to try out the new hybrid lights. I have never used hybrid before.
Likewise

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Hey Rev,

Are you willing to go into any specifics on how being a Partner Member helps the forum? I've paid for the level before but it didn't have a tangible feel in how it impacted the forum. I get the idea that quite a number of people usually sign up for this user category and with the price being what it is you can extrapolate onto the revenue such a membership drive generates.

Have you thought about doing a drive like this or even using some of the funding from here to compensate moderators? I'm sure many do it for the fun of being a member but over the last year I've seen the word volunteer thrown around so much it made me question why that has to be the case? I'm not saying it has to be equivalent to pay for a full or part time job but I'd personally prefer to contribute beyond my "Supporter" membership in a tangible way.

Even if such a drive was focused on equipment or tanks instead of monetary compensation -- I'd really like to see that there is some reward for essentially working to make R2R a great place even if moderators have always done it for free.

Hey that is a fair question!

So like any business, and this has to be a business for how big it is, there is an "expected" amount of income that comes into to pay bills, etc. The bills we have range from servers, yes servers, graphics, advertising, monthly services to employees full time part time and contracted. And a bunch in between. Just off the top of my head we have around 8-10 people getting paid for various things. What the partnership does is allows us to pay for things outside the "normal" bills like major upgrades, customs add ons, trade show stuff, and things like our new market software. Which the version 1 is finally ready! WOOT! Plus we're already on to version 2 being developed that has to be paid for.

You would be surprised at how much we actually make off these drives after we pay for the swag and shipping. It's good but not crazy good! We will still be in the negative on these latest and greatest projects we have done for the site after this current drive is done. Not negative in the bank but negative versus what we've spent out so far versus what the drive will bring in.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Thank you everyone so far for believing in what we're doing!!

Bleigh

The lich queen
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When is the drive over? I’d love to contribute but need to wait until Friday (payday).

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Hey @revhtree Do the jackets run big or small ? ....Be cool if we could our handles put on the jacket..OOOH Ahaaa ;Woot

The jackets are supposed to run pretty true to size. I tried on a Large and it was perfect. We have another size coming this week and can update!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
When is the drive over? I’d love to contribute but need to wait until Friday (payday).

Hey awesome! You have plenty of time. The drive will run for at least a month! :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
When will the people who paid get the badge and site perks?

Funny you should ask! :p We're working on that now. In the next couple days!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey @revhtree ... someone may have asked this but what size shirts and jackets are available?

The sizes that are listed on the order page are:
  • Men’s jacket: small - 5XL
  • Ladies’ jacket: small - 3XL
  • T-shirt: small - 4XL

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back