125 Gallon Reef Stocking - Last Three Fish

TylerAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Looking for some stocking advice. My current stock is:
2 Percula Clowns, 2 Bangaii Cardinals, Royal Gramma, Yellow Watchman Goby, Magnificent Foxface, Purple Firefish, Aiptasia Eating Filefish, Orangeback Wrasse, Pintail Wrasse, and a Swallowtail Angel. Coral is mostly softies and lps, with one sps.

I'm looking to get three more fish to round out my stocking. The three I'm thinking of is a Yellow Coris Wrasse and Melanarus Wrasse (added together), as well as a Mystery Wrasse (added later.)

Thoughts on this stocking? The only two things I'm concerned about is how the Melanarus Wrasse will do with my CUC and how aggressive the Mystery Wrasse might be, especially towards my smaller fish. Video for attention.

Attachments

• 20240910_132143.mp4
    88.8 MB

Slocke

I’m pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey guys. Looking for some stocking advice. My current stock is:
2 Percula Clowns, 2 Bangaii Cardinals, Royal Gramma, Yellow Watchman Goby, Magnificent Foxface, Purple Firefish, Aiptasia Eating Filefish, Orangeback Wrasse, Pintail Wrasse, and a Swallowtail Angel. Coral is mostly softies and lps, with one sps.

I'm looking to get three more fish to round out my stocking. The three I'm thinking of is a Yellow Coris Wrasse and Melanarus Wrasse (added together), as well as a Mystery Wrasse (added later.)

Thoughts on this stocking? The only two things I'm concerned about is how the Melanarus Wrasse will do with my CUC and how aggressive the Mystery Wrasse might be, especially towards my smaller fish. Video for attention.
So Melanarus wrasse is not an issue usually with CUC but is a more aggressive Halichoeres. The yellow wrasse is a far less aggressive Halichoeres wrasse.

The bigger issue is the mystery which is a wrasse of the lined wrasse genus, Pseudocheilinus which is more aggressive and often kills other fish especially wrasse. I would change it out for any species of pink streak, possum, leopard, tamarin, or pencil wrasse.

OP
OP
T

TylerAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So Melanarus wrasse is not an issue usually with CUC but is a more aggressive Halichoeres. The yellow wrasse is a far less aggressive Halichoeres wrasse.

The bigger issue is the mystery which is a wrasse of the lined wrasse genus, Pseudocheilinus which is more aggressive and often kills other fish especially wrasse. I would change it out for any species of pink streak, possum, leopard, tamarin, or pencil wrasse.
Very good to know. Thank you! I'll definitely scrap the idea of a Mystery Wrasse. Leopard Wrasses are really cool, but I heard they are pretty challenging to keep. Same with a Possum Wrasse. How are pencil wrasses to keep, though? Never heard of those.

Slocke

I’m pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good to know. Thank you! I'll definitely scrap the idea of a Mystery Wrasse. Leopard Wrasses are really cool, but I heard they are pretty challenging to keep. Same with a Possum Wrasse. How are pencil wrasses to keep, though? Never heard of those.
Possum aren’t that difficult but leopards, tamarin, and pencils definitely are. Leopards are probably the easiest of the bunch and if you find one eating at a store it should do well in your tank.

OP
OP
T

TylerAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possum aren’t that difficult but leopards, tamarin, and pencils definitely are. Leopards are probably the easiest of the bunch and if you find one eating at a store it should do well in your tank.
I've only been in the hobby for maybe a year and a half so I'll avoid those ones. Do possum wrasses need a fuge? I heard that they need a lot of pods

AmazingYocool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mystery wrasses are like six lines. Once they are acclimated, they can be mean to new additions. If you plan on adding him last, you should be ok. But possum wrasse is also an amazing wrasse imo

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about an H. iritis, one of my favorite.
IMG_1551.jpeg
IMG_6578.jpeg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back