11th Anniversary 2 Days FlashSale on R2R, Sat & Sun 4/1-4/2 10am - 6pm both days

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Janelle.chew

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe we have a few blue tip hammers / frogspawn going live later today and tomorrow, in the meantime this stunning metallic blue/teal Goniopora is available - see if your son approves

keep your eyes peeled ;) its coming

Confused Wile E Coyote GIF by Looney Tunes
Yes! That sounds great too!!

rapurcell85

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the looks of favia and lords. Would one be better to start a garden with than the other for a newbie with a small (20 gal) tank? Now that I'm thinking, can I start a favia garden like I could with Lords? And how much room would I need to give them?

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the looks of favia and lords. Would one be better to start a garden with than the other for a newbie with a small (20 gal) tank? Now that I'm thinking, can I start a favia garden like I could with Lords? And how much room would I need to give them?
yes you can start a lord garden, we recommend giving space of a few inches depending on tank space to allow the corals to grow naturally into one another - favia on the other hand can be quiet aggressive even within their own species, we recommend giving them a bit more room around other tank mates

rapurcell85

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes you can start a lord garden, we recommend giving space of a few inches depending on tank space to allow the corals to grow naturally into one another
How far would you keep them from other corals? Like a hammer?

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Our next batch of 50 juicy WYSIWYG corals are going live now ! Click the link above to check out the hot new selection

Acropora Chunk with Potential 89 56.JPG
Miyagi Tort 49 32.JPG
UC Captain Insano Tenuis 219 145.JPG
UC Beastmode 199 146.JPG
Tenuis with Potential 89 52.JPG
Favia of the Gods 199 124.JPG
Cherry Red Micro Lord 89 65.JPG
Mint Lord 39 26.JPG
UC Pompeii Chalice 119 85.JPG
UC Raptor Favia 49 31 (1).JPG
UC Neon Green GSP 42 25.JPG
Magician Zoanthid 89 56.JPG
Jawbreaker Mushroom 219 160.JPG
Rare Blue Rhodactis 89 50.JPG
Orange Red Lord with Potential 89 60.JPG
UC Ironman Favia 79 55.JPG

liddojunior

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one is a kicker, the mother was fragged before our photographer had taken a picture of it (big face palm moment) if we had a picture of the mother frags would be priced much higher... but because we lack this we sell frags for a fraction of what they are worth (with the mindset you are getting a steal for what it is) ... the mother was grafted almost a perfect 50/50 mix of blue and green and the mouths of this piece were half yellow half blue.... it is stunning when grown out and something I think of daily
I was wondering if the coral is grafted, do you need the piece that has the graft to maintain the graft? Or do you lose the graft?

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if the coral is grafted, do you need the piece that has the graft to maintain the graft? Or do you lose the graft?
once the graft is established it will be maintained, for example you could get an all red or all green piece of "grafted montipora" which will eventually transition and color in to the graft as it grows, the same remains true with favia, cyphastrea, Millepora etc

Janelle.chew

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
once the graft is established it will be maintained, for example you could get an all red or all green piece of "grafted montipora" which will eventually transition and color in to the graft as it grows, the same remains true with favia, cyphastrea, Millepora etc
I am learning so much today. Thank you!!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back