Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't work on them outside of water with without gloves, eye protection and a respirator if you are concerned. Never boil rock, cook rock in the oven. Never pressure wash rock. All of these activities can cause the poison to get air born. That being said, from what I understand, not all zoa's and paly have the toxicity but don't take my word for it. I have a tank full of paly and zoa's and never had an issue.

OP
OP
TinyFish

TinyFish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't work on them outside of water with without gloves, eye protection and a respirator if you are concerned. Never boil rock, cook rock in the oven. Never pressure wash rock. All of these activities can cause the poison to get air born. That being said, from what I understand, not all zoa's and paly have the toxicity but don't take my word for it. I have a tank full of paly and zoa's and never had an issue.
Good thing i won’t be cooking rock then!

But in all seriousness, i’m not worried i just wanted to know if anyone had actually had any experiences with it. I feel gloves when working outside a tank is generally a good practice anyways.

CLICK TO VIEW
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back