Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Ive got a major problem with my zoas. They have developed the dreaded zoa pox. I beg of you for help.

I love zoas and hoped that I would never be unfortunate enough to get it but lo and behold, I got em. Now, I know that there is a thread on Reef Central on this subject but all treatments are all anecdotal and I want to find out what is the best way to prevent them. I keep my water quality in good shape and it just puzzles and frustrates me of why this thing keeps coming and going by itself. It has managed to kill of an entire colony of Fire and Ice zoas and its starting to attack my Dragon Eyes. Please help>....

2zhmlwl.jpg

2qsyrnl.jpg

Avast

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutramar Foods

Reef Gardener

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to not stress mine out anymore than they already were, just added a little more flow to the area they were in and only lost about half of the colony that was affected and it never spread to the other colonies around it.
It was just my thought that I really dont like to be messed with when I'm sick so maybe they didnt either. I know sounds wierd but thats my experience with the zoa pox.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens
Back