Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my first rock that has zoa pox. Went and bought furan-2 and am doing my first dip. Instructions on ZoaID says one capsule for a cup of water useing the dip method. I am treating a 4"x4" rock so that would be in the range of $15-$20 per dip. $100 doallars or more for the treatment. So I am putting two capsules in a gallon of water and letting them soak longer.

Do you guys think those instructions are right?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
d.grcich

d.grcich

Fat bottom girls
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless I am reading this wrong..
1 cup of RO water
1 capsule of Furan
1 extra cup of Aquarium Water (this is used to wash the Zoanthids after the treatment and before they are put back into your Aquarium; I do this because I don't want to risk Furan killing any of my fish or other corals).*

So a frag you can put in a cup of water might be worth it but I just paid $7.00 for treatment of 8 cups of water. That only covered about 1/3 of the rock. I paid $40 for the stupid rock.

Maybe if I put the rock in a ziplock instaed of a bowl would use less water...?

Nutramar Foods

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get a pack of 8 or 10 caps for like $4......I bought some at a store called Pet supplies plus. It is in a cardboard pack. I used one cap for a bit more then a cup of water. I let them soak for 20 min. I did 3 dips in consecutive days and let them rest for a week and didn't need to dip again. It does really work. A zip lock might be a great Idea as well never thought about that. What were they charging you for the meds? Sounds like you paid to much for it. I can do more cups then that with the pack I have, and each cap is enough to treat 10 gallons of water, so one cap should be fine for more then a cup. I think the purpose is to have a high solution of the meds in the water but if each cap is enough to treat 10 gallons then you will be fine with one cap each treatment.

OP
OP
d.grcich

d.grcich

Fat bottom girls
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paid 6.99 for a pack of 8 capsules. My LFS store is rediculous and I will look elsewhere for cheaper packs. I live in a snooty town and the LFS knows people will pay their super high prices. I went ahead with 2 capsules per gallon but next dip I will stick them in a bag to see if I can give them a more concentrated dose. I think my main problem is the size of the rock and its shaped like a boulder so no laying it flat.

Thanks for the heads up AZUREL!

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL....The pack is an 8 pack it is blue and yellow and produced by Aquarium Pharmaceuticles. It cost $4.77 for the 8 pack. I don't think I would dose the whole tank, although I have heard that it wont cause any issues I just wouldn't try it. It will cause the water to turn blue/green that will die the frag plugs. Pet suppies plus was the only place in town that I could find it and we had about 10 pet stores here in Kalamazoo.

I think if you fill the ziplock up almost all the way once the rock is in there I think you will be good to go.....Keep us updated.....

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Chasers Aquaculture
Back