+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I see these white swirls on my zoa and they are closed up. I do have a lot of spirorbid worms in my tank. I tried to blow them off and it's not effective. I'm about to take the colony out to dip and try to brush them off. Please advise. Thanks.

1661978714763.png

Nutramar Foods

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like zoa eating nudibranch eggs to me. Dip the zoas and gently scrub off any eggs you see. Keep an eye out for the nudis and more eggs as usually more than one dip is required.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like zoa eating nudibranch eggs to me. Dip the zoas and gently scrub off any eggs you see. Keep an eye out for the nudis and more eggs as usually more than one dip is required.
Yeah that's what I was thinking but didn't want to say incase remembered wrong.
Strange thing is,I've had similar looking on outside of closed zoa polyps but never seen a nudi day or night and mist nights I get phone out zooming in with light on and where see these,none off the polyps been eaten,and got 4 kind off zoas and only 1 kind have all bit melted which are magician zoas far far away from them so unsure what I've got unless my silver belly wrasse and cbb keeping them in check ^_^

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's what I was thinking but didn't want to say incase remembered wrong.
Strange thing is,I've had similar looking on outside of closed zoa polyps but never seen a nudi day or night and mist nights I get phone out zooming in with light on and where see these,none off the polyps been eaten,and got 4 kind off zoas and only 1 kind have all bit melted which are magician zoas far far away from them so unsure what I've got unless my silver belly wrasse and cbb keeping them in check ^_^
Good chance your wrasse is keeping them in check.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
ReefingTom

ReefingTom

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update. Dipped both colony in Coral RX and look what I've found. Definitely found some eggs on both colony. Took about a couple minutes for this guy to detach with a pipette. Did my best to gently scrub down both colony. Hopefully that should do it. Thank you all for your input.

1662001502813.png

OP
OP
ReefingTom

ReefingTom

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I see these white swirls on my zoa and they are closed up. I do have a lot of spirorbid worms in my tank. I tried to blow them off and it's not effective. I'm about to take the colony out to dip and try to brush them off. Please advise. Thanks.

View attachment 2809263
1662003065097.png

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pirates Reef Corals
Back